Chapter 27

My fists crashed against the punching bag, I
shifted my weight slightly bending my knees and resumed harsh punches. In my haste to get rid of my aggression I had forgone gloves and wraps, my instructor would have my neck if he saw this. Thick blood oozed out of my busted and bleeding knuckles.

When my family had treated me badly I had set forth some solid rules. My insecurities and my thoughts were a cleverly built wall around me, a shell which would protect me from further hurting. But after listening to my father's words my world was turning over. All that I thought was true was not, confusion ran wild in my head. I didn't know whom and what to trust.

Just because my father had told me his side of the story doesn't change the fact that they willing put me through all that, it doesn't deny the sleepless nights I spent crying, doesn't deny the pain and hurt I was filled with.

Things wouldn't change between us so quickly, if they wanted me in their life they had to make it up to me, it was the least they could do.

I resumed the momentum of my punches
ignoring my angry tears and bleeding knuckles,normally this was a moment I would stop and let Dave yell at me.

My hard punch resulted in a cry of anguish and a stream of curses to fall from my mouth, but this was not a war of fists and power it was my battle against my inner demons, my beliefs which I had
set from the age I could think.

My battle was not of the physical sort where I could knock someone out, it was letting go of all the beliefs I held onto, I had to let go of my anger towards my parents so that I could move on, I couldn't let it wrap around my neck like a cord tightening and reminding me of the same event.

It was what so many people told me so easily yet tough was to do it, I wanted to let go of my anger towards the world, myself and try to let someone into my life. Easier it was said than done.

"Are you done?" I heard a deep voice call out, pretending to be oblivious, I resumed my punches until hands wrapped around my waist and tugged me into a warm chest, half heartedly I tried to yank his hands away only for him to tighten them and press his forehead against mine.

"How long have you been standing there?" I
asked wincing when my bruseid knuckles brushed against him.

"Aren't you supposed to wear gloves? Look at your hands. Honestly Gwen, why don't you take care of yourself." He ignored my question and pulled me towards the couch.

"I don't care." I replied softly. Nobody ever cared whether my knuckles were bleeding, whether I had eaten. My parents didn't even bother when I had passed out due to exhaustion, they had dismissively asked the maid to take me to the doctor claiming they had an important meeting.

"I most certainly care, and next time I find you hurting yourself like this. You will get it good, trust me it's not something you will enjoy."Chris said gravely pressing a wet cloth on my hands to wipe away the blood. It was funny to see a bulky strong man like him handle my hands with so much care. It made me want to coo and embarrass him or kiss him senseless, you can pick.

"I'm not crying." I informed him, hating the
fact that I always burst into tears in front of him. I am Gwen Carter and I don't cry, I don't want Chris to think I'm a crybaby.

"My eyes are sweating." I said lamely trying to wipe away the rapid tears from my eyes.

Chris threw his head back and laughed, his eyes crinkled his dimples even more highlighted. The darn man was already so handsome and now let him laugh making him look even more amazing. Stupid Chris.

"Of course. Your not crying. Sometimes my eyes sweat too. You promise to tell me when that happens." He asked bandaging my hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder for him to wrap his strong arms around me.