Chapter 2

Christopher's pov

" I will sue you."

"Great idea, Mr Caron."

"You did not stick to your end of the deal."

"What a pity?"

"Do you think this is funny?"

"Yes"

"My company is in loss, and you find it funny. If you had done your work as my marketing analyst. I would not go into loss."

"Okay that's it".

I glared at Mr Caron causing him to flinch perks of being around my dad had given me the talent of being intimidating. One sharp look and people would cower in fear.

"You should watch your mouth. One wrong word and I will see you behind bars" I warned him.

"What would you sue me for?"

"Do you want me to answer that for you?"

Mr Caron fidgeted with the end of his expensive suit, his ears turned red. He avoided eye contact. A clear indication that he was hiding something.

I will tell you this now and again. People who cannot manage to lie, don't do it. You will get caught. You need to be smart and have a common sense to lie, this idiot in front of me didn't have both.

"Both of us know, why the deal was cancelled. Don't Make me say it." I spat in a cold tone.

"I didn't do anything, I'm following your marketing strategy and its not yielding me profit. So I have a right to sue you".

"Rights and responsibilities don't sound good in your mouth." I mocked him.

"We signed a 120 days deal. We analyse the
working of your company, then come up with marketing strategies and then put the best plans into action, so you could get the most profit out of it." I summarised the deal for his benefit.

"Would have been good, if your plans  worked."he sneered.

"Mr Caron, I appreciate professional behavior and you not throwing tantrums like a child." I warned him. Who does he think he is?Coming to my company and insulting it. My dad had put so much of his life into bring the company to this stage. I will not have an airhead with screws
loose in his head, tarnish the name in the market.

"Smith Marketing's is the one of the best
marketing firms in the market. People line up to get our services. The only reason we worked for you is because my dad thought of you as his friend. Don't make me talk, because you won't like it."

"My product launch is not successful, there
is a huge stock of inventory. I can't fire the employees without paying them. You promised to get me profit, now stick to your end of the deal and get me profits" he yelled.

Wait

Did he just

Yell at me.

My assistant Mike, looked up sharply, no
one and I repeat no one had the guts to even look me in the eye. And this idiot goes around yelling at my face.

See what happens now.

"My company wanted things to be transparent. You promised not to withhold any relevant information related to the product".I baited him into admitting.

"I didn't hide anything" he told me honestly.
I scoffed, he was as honest as the wolf who tricked red Riding Hood. The business world is scary, its not all smiles and giggles. People can do anything for money. It is not a place for the light hearted.