Chapter Nine

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bwubwubwhaa? Who was banging like a mad, crazy person? I should sic my pet unicorn, Fluffy, on them.. Damn, I sold him to pay for the golden eggs. What? What was wrong with my brain?

Bang! Ding dong! Ding ding ding dong! ALRIGHT ALREADY! I opened my eyes to a massive headache and my stomach felt like someone stabbed me with a crowbar and ripped out my intenstines. Ooh, too graphic?

I looked up at the ceiling and was shocked to see that the edge of my vision was a little blurry. Something was crusted around my nose and I touched it with my fingers. A new explosion of pain erupted through my nose and I jerked my hand back. I think it was broken.

"Seth! Open up!" I heard someone call. It was Ashley. What was he doing here? What if my dad was still around? I didn't know how long I'd been out, and I know my dad wouldn't hesitate to kill Ash.

I turned my face and looked at the door. It was so far away and I was getting tired. My vision started to blur again and blackness seeped in though the corners. My brain felt warm and fuzzy. I didn't even know that was possible.

"Seth, I'm coming in..." The sentence faded out in the end and my eyes drooped shut. I heard the front door open and footsteps. "Seth.. Seth.. Oh my go........................."

***

*Ashley's POV* (Don't get used to it.. I'm not sure if this is going to be a regular thing.)

When I saw him lying on the floor, all bruised and battered and helpless, it felt like my heart had broken, not in half, but into a million, trillion pieces. I wanted to cry but Seth was much more important right now. I could cry later.

"Seth, jesus, what happened to you?" I knelt down, and whipped my phone out of my pocket. Now, I was no doctor, but I knew enough to know that his breathing wasn't normal... He just looked really bad.

My fingers shook as I tapped in 9-1-1. I messed up the first time and had to start over. I pressed send and held the phone up to my ear. The operator answered on the second ring.

"This is a 9-1-1 operator, what's your emergency?" the lady on the line said.

"Hi, please, can you send an ambulance? My... friend. He's hurt. He's not breathing right." The tears were getting harder to hold back.

"Sir, can you tell me the address please? What happened to your friend? Are you in immediate danger?" the lady said.

"I-I don't know the address. This isn't my house." I started to panic.

"No worries. I'll trace the call right now. Can you tell me what happened?" I wondered how she could be so calm at a time like this!

"I don't know." I looked around. He was at the bottom of the stairs... "The stairs. I think he fell down the stairs."

"Okay, someone will be there for you shortly. Do you need me stay on the line with you?"

I hesitated. I didn't want to be alone because then I might start freaking out and Seth needed me. "No, you need to help other people," someone replied regretfully.

"An ambulance will be there shortly. Don't worry," she comforted before hanging up.

"Hurry," I mumbled into the dead line. "Please." I tossed the phone, not bothering to be careful with it. I looked back at Seth and I cried out at the black and green that was forming around his temple. My poor baby... Whoa! Did I just call him "my baby?"

Before I had time to think about it, I heard a pounding on the door. "Paramedics! Open up!" a deep voice boomed. I didn't want to leave Seth's side but I had to let them in. Aren't they allowed to kick the door in or something? I hopped up and practically ran to the door. When I opened it and saw two guys, carrying a stretcher and looking amazing calm and not nervous at all, I felt like a weight had been lifted on me. I wasn't alone in this. They didn't that Seth was gay. They were going to take care of him because that was their job.