Chapter Eight

"Seth, oh my god, are you okay?" I heard Ashley's voice and I snapped out of the past. The nightmares had stopped a couple years ago so I hadn't relivd that memory in a long time. I usually tried not to think about it. Can you blame me? 

"Sorry," I muttered, slipping my hands into my pockets so I didn't have to hold his hand anymore. I hated it and I knew that when I did it, I hurt him. But it had to be done because I didn't deserve him. He didn't deserve to be with someone so messed up as me.

"What just happened, Seth? Please, talk to me. I want to help you." Ashley was staring at me intently and I knew he meant what he said. But I couldn't put him in the middle of this.

"No, it's nothing. I should go." I tried to turn and leave but he grabbed onto my arm.

"Wait, please don't go," Ashley pleaded. He spun me around to face him. He ducked his head down and planted his lips on mine. His hands slid down until they were on my lips. I winced and pulled back. My hip was still sore from this morning.

"What's wrong?" Ashley looked confused. I looked at the ground. "Seth, what's going on?" When I didn't answer him, he reached for my hip again. I jerked away.

"Nothing. Just leave it," I muttered.

"Tell me." It wasn't a question.

"Fine. I got it in the fight," I said. Wow! Finally a lie that made a smidge of sense! First for me.

"Really?" Ashley didn't believe me. I knew he didn't, but he had no reason not to.

"Yes," I muttered.

"Seth, you know I don't believe that. I saw the whole thing. Nothing happened to your hip," he said soflty. He put a hand on my cheek and I felt ready to cry. But I couldn't. "Who did that to you?" How did he know?

"Nobody. I got it in the fight, I told you." Before he had a chance to answer back, a car rumbled down the street. I looked up. Shit! It was my dad. I jerked away from Ashley and started freaking out. "You nneed to leave," I said, my heart racing. What was going to happen when Dad came home and saw me with Ashley. He would freak the f*ck out. Shit, shit, shit!

"Why? What's the matter?" Ashley looked really worried, but he didn't understand that I was trying to save his life.

"Just go. Please," I pleaded. He didn't budge."Shit." I turned and walked quickly away from him, my heart felt like it was being ripped from my chest. I was so scared right now. I wasn't scared for me, thought. I was scared for Ash.

"Seth?" I heard him follow me. No!

"Go away, Ashley!" I got to my front door and Dad's truck was getting closer and closer.

"Se--" I slammed the door before Ashley could reach it. Hopefully he would take the hint and leave. I peeked out the window and saw Ashley walking away from my house. Just as my dad pulled into the driveway. That was close. Too close. I felt nauseous.

I took a few steps away fom the door, realizing that I needed to get upstairs quick if I wanted to avoid my dad. I headed for the stairs but it was too late. The front door opened. I reached for the banister but he called my name.

"Settth! Where you think yeer going?" he slurred. Shit. He was drunk. It was always worse when he was drunk.

"To my room," I muttered, stepping up one stair.

"Noo, yerr not. C'mere." He stumbled forward a few steps. I ignored him and continued up the stairs. There was a flurry of movement as my dad rushed forward and grabbed onto me. Since I wasn't really expecting that, I didn't have time to react. He grabbed me around my waist and dragged me down the stairs.

I let out a cry and my fingers raked against the ground as I tried to hold onto something, anything. When we reached the bottom, my dad threw me against the wall and I tried to gain my balance. My dad put his hands on either side of me, holding me in place. I squirmed, trying to get my face as far away from him as possible.

As he breathed on me, the smell of alcohol and rotting breath overwhelmed my sense of smell and made me gag.

"I saw that pink-haired fag," he said, specks of spit flying out of his mouth and landing on my cheek. "I'll kill 'im if I everr see 'im 'round here again. Got that?"

I nodded, afraid to set him off. I just might get out of this without a new bruise.

"Don't get smart with mee!" he yelled. Whaa? I wasn't aware that agreeing with him was getting smart.

"Dad, I'm--" His fist flew forward and hit my on the cheek. Damn. That shit hurt. My mouth opened as if to scream, but nothing came out. He had to be so pissed to hit me in the face. He never did that.

"SHUT UP!" Another fist flew forward and I felt it connect with me nose. I was pretty sure I heard a crack, and I know that liquid came gushing out of it and ran down my face. My dad hit me on the side of my head with his elbow and I crashed to the ground. I wacked my temple on the ground. Stars burst in my vision.

A foot came into contact with my stomach. Repeatedly. I don't know how long I lied there, him kicking me. But when he got done, I couldn't breath. I heard him stomp up the stairs and his bedroom door shut.

My eye was swollen shut and I still couldn't breath. I tried to get up. Something was seriously wrong this time. I gasped for air. I felt a buzzing in my back pocket. Somebody was trying to call me. They could get help. I reached down and struggled to pull the phone out. As I lifted it to my ear and pressed the answer button, I realized it was too late. The call had already gone to voicemail.

The phone slipped out of my fingers and the stars faded to black. Maybe this time, I would actually die and this would all be over. I felt my heart beat slow waay down, before I slipped into unconsciousness. I wasn't lucky enough to die.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry for its shortness. But while it lacks in length, it makes up for in awesomeness:) jk hahah

please comment vote and fan! u'd really make my day teehee