Chapter Five

Dedicated to u FragileWhispers cuz ur cool like that:) jeez feels like we havent' talked forever:( maybe cuz we spent A LOT of time together over past.. hm two or three weeks haha and now none:( miss u *sniffle*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm just going to come right out and say it. Cleaning toilets with your worst enemy... Not something I recommend. Hey, at least there was a teacher there to moniter any fatal bodily harm that Chase could give me. That didn't stop him from giving me shoves, glares, and even once forcing me to drop my hand in the toilet. Okay, twice. Fine! Multiple times, gah!

Thank god for rubber gloves.

All in all, the toilet cleaning took about an hour and a half. God, they should give those boys aiming lessons or something. Sheesh.

"Okay, boys. You did a great job." Mr. K looked at his watch. "We have about another hour left. I guess you could collect the trash from the classrooms, yeah?" Mr. K giggled. I will never understand what was wrong with that man's head. "Follow me, I'll take you to the bags," Mr. K said all serious-like. But he couldn't hold in his laughter. Thing was, it was sorta contagious. I couldn't help but laugh myself. Chase, of course, just glared.

"But listen, I expect you both--" he looked at both of us pointedly before continuing "--to be on your best. Behavior. I have a meeting that I need to go to so I can't babysit right now. All you have to do is go to each classroom. Get the trash. Take the trash to the lunchroom and give it to the janitor who will be mopping the floor. After you get done, you're free to leave. Any punches, any nasty words, anything--and I will find out--there will be consequences. Mwahahaha!" Damn. And I was just starting to think he was serious. He had to add the damn laugh.

"Whatever," Chase said, sighing.

"Yeah." By now we had arrived in front of the supply closet. Mr. K pulled a key ring from his pocket and began to flip through them.

"No, no, nope, not that, uh-uh, wrong-o, nope, next, NO, jesus, not that one, n-ah, here we are." Happily, he stuck the key in the lock and... it didn't budge. I rolled my eyes. Mr. K went back to his key ring. We stood there for another ten minutes and three more false alarms before he finally found the right one.

The closet wasn't much. 'Course, how much should a closet be? Anyway, there were brooms, mops, and buckets all piled in. Mr. K dug around until he came up with a roll of plastic bags in one hand and more gloves in the other.

"Here you are. Now, I'm not gonna tell you how to do your job--haha--but if I were--thank god I'm not... Just kidding. I'm a teacher. I can't say that. Can I?--"

"Mr. K, please finish." I interrupted trying to guide him back to the topic at hand before he got too far gone.

"Right, right, um, so I'm not you but if I were, I'd start on the top floor and make your way down. It's been proven the easiest strategy. Good luck." He started to walk away but quickly turned back. "I'll be watching," he said, jabbing two fingers toward his eyes then at us. "I'll be watching." Finally, he left for real.

Chase and I kind of just stood there for a minute. I heard his intake of breath then he turned and walked down the hall. Toward the exit.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I called, holding up the bags and gloves. "We have to get the trash."

"Have fun, fag. Let me know when you're done. Oh, wait, you can't, 'cause I won't be here. Not that I give a shit anyway. I'm out, bitch. Don't forget. After school." His last words before he flipped me off and shoved open the door.

So now I was going to have to do this by myself. Hey, rather that than with that jerk. I slipped on a pair of gloves and shook open a bag. I headed down to the stairs and climbed them, two at a time. When I got to the top, I found that I was in the middle of the hallway. Eenie, meenie, minie, oh, who cares. I went left. The classroom at the end of the hall was some lady I didn't know. I knocked once before entering.