Chapter Eleven: Your Hero

Bakugou's POV

We were all surrounding an abandoned warehouse that we spied on for 2 days after investigation. I didn't think we would get much help to rescue her, being a new student and a former ally of the League.

We had a pretty strong line-up and we felt much more confident with this ambush since they must still be lost without their previous leader.

"Everybody, ready?" All Might says through our earpieces, instructing us from inside a car since he couldn't physically fight anymore. We all nod as one of us whispered a "Yes." We're going to get you back, I promise.

-*-

Your POV

I kept blinking in and out of consciousness, my head spinning from the concussion I got from the beat up I received, my sister clearly didn't care and unsurprisingly even joined it, producing the stinging pain on my cheek. I could've used all those bleeding injuries to escape if they didn't temporarily erase my quirk with that bullet. Just then, I hear a huge explosion, my ears ringing from it. I groaned and fell over, curling up into a ball. I wonder what pissed Shigaraki off this time.

Twice burst into the room in a panic, speaking to himself as he pulled me up and dragged me out into the main room.

"What's going on?" I clutch my arm when he lets me go, letting me thud onto the ground. I looked up to see Kurogiri about to grab me with the fighting in the background. I was about to get in the warp when someone's hand gently held my arm and pulled me back, holding me against their chest.

"Let's get out of here," a familiar voice says. I looked up, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes already. Bakugou had both of his arms around me, but his glaring eyes set on Kurogiri being fought off by Midoriya and Todoroki. I nod as I limp with him towards the exit, he notices this and lifts my feet off the ground, carrying me out of there carefully. "They're out-numbered, you don't have to worry about it," he smiles, already knowing what I was thinking.

"But, the last time I saw you, your arms," I let him put me down, steadying me by the car that had All Might peeking out of it.

"Eri did it, I contacted them as soon as we ducked down but it was too late by the time they got there, I didn't stall enough--"

I cupped his face and cut him off. "Don't blame yourself, you're okay now, right, All Might?" I turned to look at him to see him give me a thumbs up and a grin.

"As soon as all of them get arrested, this mission will be too, now let's get you out of here," All Might speaks up and opens the door. I haven't even taken two steps when blue flames circled around us, Dabi emerging with a mischievous smile.

"I hope you didn't think it was that easy, Hakira Toga," he spat my name out like it was venom. I knew I couldn't do anything because the erasure hadn't worn off. Before I could stop him, Bakugou charged himself at Dabi, swearing profusely.

Dabi effortlessly dodges him, slowly but surely wearing Bakugou out, until he was panting heavily and frustrated on the ground. Dabi lifts his hand, aiming straight for Bakugou, determined to use a death blow. It was as if my legs moved on their own when I launched myself between them, feeling the flames sear my abdomen as I tackled Dabi down.

"We both know you can kill me," I threaten him as he looks at me in disgust, until his face suddenly twists into an evil smile.

"Nobody said I can't incapacitate you," he says and he moved his hands down onto my legs and dislocated them, making me yell out in pain as he rolled me off of him. He slowly made his way to Bakugou, scorching his arm.

I cried out as I crawled closer to them, dragging my 2nd degree burns across the cement. I suddenly felt as if energy flowed through me and droplets of blood slithered from my abdomen to my palms. Dabi raised his hand in front of Bakugou, too tired to fight. I frantically looked around for any sharp objects and my eyes landed on a broken window glass, grabbing it and digging it into my palm.

With that, I sent off my blood as a shield to harden around Bakugou. He looks at me with a sad expression, knowing full well what I was trying to do, but that didn't stop me. I shielded him despite his protests, barely making him dodge the flames that Dabi threw at him. I lifted my other hand to send more of my droplets to shoot through Dabi's chest, hitting his vitals and at the very least, knock him unconscious.

I smiled to myself, getting more light headed from all the blood loss, and let the shield around Bakugou melt down into a puddle. Through my blurred vision, I see him rush over to me, cradling me on his lap and crying out for help.

"Stay with me, I'll get you help, I promise," he sobbed. I weakly lifted my hand to his face, making him look at me as I gave him a small smile, admiring his features, illuminated by the now fading blue flames, for the last time.

"It's okay, you will all be able to capture the league and I may not have been the greatest hero, but at least I was your hero, right?" I tried to assure you, losing myself by the second.

"Don't say that, I don't want to hear that. You're going to be one of the top heroes, we're going to get you to a hospital and--"

I cut him off by pulling him to me and kissing him deeply, pouring every emotion into it. "I love you," I told him with a sad smile as my tears blurred my vision even more.

"I love you too," he sobs out and pulls me into another kiss. I lived a good life, with my last moments in his arms, his lips against me, and the feeling of being loved warming me up.

Sayonara, my hedgehog.

The end... 

A/N

Yes, that's actually the ending. I have a planned Epilogue but would only post it depending on the demand for it. For now, that's the end of this sad excuse of a fanfic that I came up with. Bai bai~!