Chapter Two: A Part of Your World

"You're not as bad as I assumed," someone speaks up, startling me.

"This is a nice bed, if I go to prison, let me keep this bed. I've never had such a comfy bed in a long time," I ramble. I turned to see Bakugou. "Oh, it's you, how do you know for sure that I'm not pretending to be an innocent brainwashed victim?"

"Did you just call me dumb?" he bursted at me.

"Take a chill pill, I'm too exhausted to argue now," I turned away from him. "Why'd you come back? I thought you have classes?"

"I saw what you did to Deku, no weak criminal can land a scratch on him now."

"He didn't see me as a threat, I took advantage of that."

"Even so, that guy's been practicing day and night, he's faster and stronger than he leads on to be, not as strong as me though."

"You know, for a tough guy, you look out for him a lot," I stifled a laugh as I sat up and looked at him. "I've been observing a lot, that's how I know."

"What's your quirk?"

"That'll just diminish the last bit of chance I have at escaping, now wouldn't it?"

"I thought you said that place was practically a hellhole?"

"When did I say that?"

"You were talking to yourself, pretty creepy if you ask me," he shrugs.

"Well, I didn't ask you," I raise an eyebrow at him in annoyance. He's the last person I expected to be confronting me like this, what the hell? I thought it would have been Midoriya who would be asking me so much while he scribbles on his notebook or something, could've given me the chance to steal a vial of his blood that would be the ticket for Shigaraki's stupid seal of approval. I could try getting this guy instead, but he'll blow my face off if I move an inch closer to him--unless he actually has a soft side, I can try playing with him and escape scot-free. Not. He's right, I don't even know why I want to go back there. Because of my sister? The sister who hesitated to save me and just left.

Before he could argue, Mr. Aizawa enters the room, scolding him for not being in class. He hesitantly stormed out of the room.

"We took it to a vote, you'll be staying in the student dorms with class 1-A. Don't get ideas because you'll be under surveillance the whole time."

I nodded and stayed quiet. I could be a part of this instead, I don't get why they want to watch the world burn.

"If I prove my innocence, is it possible for me to study here as well?" I spoke without thinking. Is that what I truly feel? What I really want?

"That's for the board to decide, if you meet the conditions, you can be given the chance. Did you hear that, All Might?" he turns to the door, revealing All Might once again.

"I see that you're trying to turn over a new leaf," All Might gave me a warm smile.

"This doesn't mean that I'll be revealing them, let's just say that I want to forget I was ever involved with them," I sigh.

"You'll be given the conditions later before you sleep, I'll be showing you to your room."

I got up and rubbed my arms, feeling a cold metal wrapped around my wrists. Anti-quirk gadgets? Those are pretty handy. "Business class developed these?"

"Yes."

Alright then, I guess it's better to let this be kept on so they'll trust me from now on. I know I'll be needing this new life.

-*-

I was sitting on a chair as I watched the sunset out the window, everyone should be finishing up with their classes. The room I was given was nothing too extravagant, just a plain room with a window, desk and bed, but still better than the restless night talking about a plan back with the league. I look behind me when I hear the door creak open.

"The board has decided, it was a close cut, 5 to 6," Mr. Aizawa starts. "You will be studying but only if you take the practical and written exam like everyone else."

"Really?!" I perked up, a bit too excitedly.

"Yes, you'll be taking the written test tonight and the practical test by the end of the week so study, I'll be back with your test paper," he turns to leave.

No time for review? I think I can handle it, you could say I'm smarter than I seem since all I can ever do is read while waiting for everyone to return from their evil schemes. Although, for the practical exams, I guess they're giving me a week to gain their trust or else I would never be able to take it.

Mr. Aizawa enters the room again with a booklet and two pieces of paper.

"This is the test, covering Math, Science and English. I'll be back after 3 hours. I gave you a spare paper for your calculations, goodluck." And just like that, he left the room again.

I flip the testbook open and curse under my breath. These aren't anything new to me, but I don't know if I'll be able to pass the test with JUST stock knowledge. (A/N: Cue the laughs from people who pass after not studying)

-*-

"You are in an isolated laboratory due to a dangerous experiment, blah blah, chemical spilled, blah blah, zombies come after you in 17 minutes and you have to cross a bridge but only two can cross at a time. They only have one flashlight, and so one person must bring it back across the bridge to the starting side before anyone else can cross. One person takes 1 minute to cross, another takes 2 minutes to cross, another takes 5 minutes to cross, and the last person takes 10 minutes to cross." Last question. It's the bridge riddle. I've seen this before.

"Okay, so 1 and 2 cross first, and 2 comes back. 10 and 5 goes next then 1 comes back so that he and 2 can cross, done!" I closed the booklet and slumped over the desk, looking at my scratch paper with doodles on it as well. With a minute to spare. I hear a knock from the door and see Mr. Aizawa enter the room.

"You finished it? That's pretty impressive, I'll be taking these and you should be able to get your results in the morning, but regardless, you wouldn't be able to join classes until next week. Under what program did you want to register in?"

I hesitated, would I even be worthy of that title? I wouldn't know unless I try.

"I want to be a hero."

To be continued...