Chapter Five: Rescue and Capture (Part 2)

A minute in and they already tossed me out into the middle of the field, Uraraka releases me as I signal them that I see one of the three targets in my field of view. I brace myself for impact as I dove straight for Kirishima. He looked up, hardening himself before I could land on top of him. I groan and secure the net around him so he can't escape.

1 down, I turned over and watched Ojiro and Midoriya whizz past with the three dolls with them. I see Midoriya turn back, after giving Ojiro the other dolls.

He carried Kirishima squirming over his shoulder. "Iida managed to capture our dolls and Aoyama while we were scouting for the other members."

"That's already 6 points for each team," I stressed.

"You should stay hidden for now, Uraraka and Usui are over there," Midoriya points at the corner to my left and as I was about to walk over, Iida barrels towards me but I managed to jump back.

"You will not get away, Villain!" Iida shouts, getting too into the game. I did a little acrobatics to get away from him, living your life on the run gives you exercise and time to open up new skills about yourself. I stumbled out of there as Midoriya went after him after putting Kirishima in the cage. I clutched my chest as I caught my breath. From a distance, I could see Uraraka and Usui up against Kaminari and Jiro.

"All I have to watch out for is Bakugou," I mutter to myself.

"Afraid to get caught?" someone says from beside me.

"No, I'll catch him," I scoffed but caught myself and turned to see Bakugou leaning against the brick wall with a huge menacing grin on his face. I withdrew the dagger from my belt and waved it at him, I just have to stall for 2 more minutes so we can hopefully win.

"I'll make sure you won't," he raises his hand at me and I rolled away, barely dodging him. I take turn after turn, trying to run away from him. I was hoping to gain the upperhand with the element of surprise but that's out of the bag. After a minute more of that, I found myself cornered

"You can't actually catch me without making physical contact, y'know," I nervously taunt him, twirling the blade in my hand.

"It's funny hearing that from you when you're in that position," he replied before charging straight for me. I used the wall as support as I jumped up and hopped onto his shoulders, wrapping my thighs around him and pulling him so he fell down. The aftermath wasn't as I expected though. I didn't anticipate the impact when we both hit the floor and I ended up on top of him. I quickly held his hands above his head with my blood wrapped about it.

"What was that word?" I pretended to think. "Checkmate."

"Is it?" he smirked as he lifted his head closer to my face as he started activating his quirk. Before he could release himself from the restraints, the alarm sounded, ending the round.

I realized the position he and I were in and rolled off of him, taking the ties off and running away in embarrassment, leaving him with a dumbfounded face on the ground.

-*-

We've all changed out of our costumes and waited for the final results of the exam.

"It's a tie," Mr. Aizawa announces. "A close call with both teams with 9 points each."

I waited for him to continue. So, was that a fail or a pass?

"Toga, you passed."

I started jumping and cheering excitedly. I'm going to be a hero!

"Considering that you even managed to hold Bakugou down-" Kirishima commended me.

"Nobody saw that!" I hear him shout from a distance.

"Looks like you're already used to it," Ashido teases.

"Like I said, if you'll tease anyone, tease Uraraka and her--" I get cut off when Uraraka covers my mouth and laughs nervously.

"This calls for a celebration!" Yaoyorozu announces before hopping into the bus.

"Let's have curry!"

Everyone shared their own ideas as I watched from the back of the bus, on the way back to the dorms. It's amazing how much a lot can change in just days.

-*-

Everyone gathered around the hotpot and filled their own bowls to their liking.

"So, what's your hero name?" Kaminari asks.

"I was thinking-"

"Red Hooker!" Mineta cuts me off, only to be hit on the head by Iida.

"Scarlet," I continued as I glared at Mineta. "Like the color of blood that I use."

"Or the blood Mineta will be losing for every second he spends being a pervert," Kirishima jokes.

"I really can't wait for tomorrow, and for the look on Eri's face when we perform," Midoriya smiles.

"Eri?" I ask.

They fill me in on how they found out about her and how they rescued her, even telling me about the quirk-erasing bullets.

"If that's so, then I can't wait to make this her first and most memorable festival." They all smiled at me before talking more and finishing up with the meal.

After cleaning up, everyone started heading upstairs. I didn't feel sleepy yet, probably from the excitement, especially for the festival tomorrow. I stepped out and sat on the porch, staring at the moon and smiling to myself. I hear the door creak open and I looked over my shoulder to see Bakugou.

"What are you doing out here?" I ask him before patting the space next to me, urging him to sit next to me.

"I should be asking you that," he sits down, bending my leg up and leaning his arm on it. Why does everything look better under the moonlight? I admit, my rival looks great. I clear my throat and refrain from checking him out, including his biceps. Damn, biceps.

"I guess I'm still filled with adrenaline from everything and I'm excited about tomorrow," I smile. "It's my first festival and I don't really know where to start for tomorrow."

"If it's okay with you, what if I show you around after the performance?" he looks away. "Or whatever."

I covered my mouth and giggled. Yes, I giggled at his cute invitation. "What about Kirishima? Wouldn't you rather look around with your best bud?"

"He and I can always hang out afterwards," he shrugs but I look at him unconvinced. "How about this, if I bore you, you can go with the others and I'll retreat to Kirishima."

"It's a deal then," I grin.

"It's a date," he gives me a thumbs up as he grins as well.

To be continued..