3. Nico

"Hey," I looked over at Jonah to see him frowning making me blink.

"Yeah?" I asked and he sighed running a hand through his hair.

"Are you alright? You've been in outer space for the past 20 minutes," he replied and I bit my bottom lip.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied and he gave me a yeah right look.

"You've been that way since two days ago. Did something happen after dance class? Do I need to kick someone's ass?" He asked making me chuckle and shake my head, "Nico, I know something happened but I'm not gonna push you just know that I'm here if you ever need anything, okay?"

I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile but I could tell that he didn't believe it but luckily he dropped it and we finished lunch before he got up and headed to his room to get ready for work while I headed to mine to finish my class assignment from yesterday.

I could hear Jonah moving around in his room since his room was right next to mine which was both a curse and a blessing. A curse because he'd always bring over guys and girls and fuck them throughout the night which made it difficult to sleep and a blessing because he'd be at my side whenever I'd have nightmares from my past. I'd wake up in the middle of the night screaming and sweating which would wake him up and rush into my room reassuring me that I was okay and that I was safe.

A knock on my door made me look up after calling Jonah in and he poked his head in and said, "I'm heading out now, but I wanted to make sure you were alight before I leave."

"I'm good. I'll be home all day since I don't have any classes and Ms. Green called today to say that dance class was canceled for the night," I replied and he nodded

"Okay, if you need anything don't hesitate to call, okay?" He asked and I nodded giving him a small smile and then with a final nod of his head, he closed the door leaving me to my work.

As much as I wanted to tell Jonah about getting jumped two days ago outside of the dance academy, I didn't want to worry him more than he already was with work and school. I rubbed my forehead deciding to take a break from my work. I stood up and grabbed my car keys and wallet before walking out of my room and out of the house in general. I took a deep breath before locking the front door before making my way down the steps and unlocking my car doors before jumping in and locking them back up again. I turned the engine on, looked through the rearview mirror before taking another deep breath, and reversing out of the parking lot, and driving down the road towards the coffee shop from two days ago.

As I drove down the familiar road, I couldn't help but feel as if I'm being watched and my paranoia was at its all time high. I've been getting calls from my uncle -I don't even know how he got my cell phone number- and he's been threatening me none stop saying hey that he knew where I lived, who I lived with, where I went to school and even knew the names of my friends. It absolutely terrified me to know that he knew so much of my new life that it has gotten to the point where I've debating in packing everything up and running again, but at the same time I didn't want to continue running from my past nor did I want to leave my new life here.

I looked through the rear view mirror and saw the same car that had been following me for the past 5 minutes and felt my heart rapidly beating in my chest as my hands became clammy. I made a turn into the street that the coffee shop sat and took a deep breath when needed and saw that there were a few cars in the parking lot before parking my car in an empty spot and the car did the same just a few spots away. I took a deep breath (something I've been doing a lot lately ever since I was jumped two days ago) before turning the engine off and getting out of the car. I jumped as my phone began to ring and swallowed the lump in my throat as I took it out of my pocket checking the ID before picking up and I felt the blood drain from my face when I recognized the number. How the hell did the manage to unblock his number? When he first called I blocked his number so I would t have to hear his voice in the end of the line but yet his number was flashing on the screen.