Chapter 7- Well Than

I sigh as I lay in bed, iPad comfortably laying on my stomach. I click the pause button on Netflix as a knock on my door meets my ears.
"Come in!" I call.
I pull out one earbud and hear the door shutting and creaks of the floorboard. I glance up to see who it is. It's my brother, Diego. I raise my eyebrows at him and he smiles at me. Diego is 21 and just finished college with a Dr's degree. He sits on the edge of my bed and I set the iPad aside, sensing the serious atmosphere. I scramble slowly out of clay covers and almost hit Diego with my feet.
"Whoops!" I giggle.
Diego, being the good natured person he is just smiles and waves it off. Once I get comfortable he clears his throat and started talking.
"So as you know, your shifting ceremony is in a few months right?" He asks me.
I shake my head slowly, confused with the question.
"Well I got a job.. As a nurse.." He trails off.
I smile brightly at him and start to congratulate him but he cuts me off.
"Which means I won't be able to attend because I will be in Africa." He finishes,wincing at the end.
I stare at him in shock. He won't be able to attend a big part of my life. A wolf's shifting ceremony is a big thing and the whole family is supposed to be there. But keeping up the human side of things is also a pretty big thing in a werewolf's life. I sigh and blow some brown hair out of my face. I think he can sense that I'm disappointed because he reaches out and lays his hand on my shoulder.
" I really am sorry." He whispers to me.
"It's fine Dee. I understand that this job is important and if you have to miss my ceremony for it that's okay." I assure my brother.
He smiles and thanks me. We hug and I burrow my head in his muscled shoulder. We sit there, just hugging for several minutes. After that we let go and just chat.
****
A boom thunders outside my room. I glance out the window, the clouds are dark and stormy and the rain is pouring down making puddles of mud in the dirt. "Well at least the plants are getting watered" I think bitterly. My mother had planted a flower garden in our backyard a few years ago. She included Sunflowers , Roses, Bluebells and some Carnations. She also then decided to make a vegetable and fruit garden. I was forced to help her plant her Tomatoes, Zucchini, Peppers, Green Beans and Carrots. I groan as I lean back on my beanbag. My iPad and iPhone are laying on my nightstand while I am sitting in a red and blue polka dotted beanbag. I am reading a book for History class. Pride and Prejudice. I sigh and shut the hardback book closed. I set my head on my gray painted wall. Getting up, I set the book on my oak wood desk as I stretch my legs. Dancing around the articles of clothing and magazines on my floor I finally reach my door. Reaching for the brass nob, I jump as a clap of thunder rings in the air. I shake my head as I continue to open my door and walk down the hallway. Our house is a large 2 story with a basement. Because we are such an active family, we have slit of stairs. Basement stairs, going down to the basement. Upstairs stairs, leading up to the first hallway and mini-living room upstairs. Then in our upstairs mini-living room to the side there are another pair of stairs that lead to an attic and game rooms and an inside pool and jacuzzi. We also have an outside pool that we use in summer. Our family comes from a line of athletes so we swim a lot. Downstairs, we have a track and gym. The gym and track are separated my a glass wall and door. I grab the handle of the white fridge, the doors our littered by photos and holiday cards. As I oped the fridge, I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. I frown, my parents are out of town for a pack meeting with another pack out of state. We live in California, and they were going Washington D.C. Diego is out bowling with friends from college, I would have heard him come in. And if I know of, we didn't have any guests this week. I quietly grab a frying pan from the counter. I creep silently across the wood floor and squeeze my eyes shut. I raise it up, hands gripping the handle tightly. I'm about to swing when I hear "Woah, hold it Princess!" I freeze when I hear that voice. I open my eyes open to see a tall, tan faced guy standing there.

"And who the hell are you!?" I proclaim, still holding the frying pan up.
****
And there you have it! Another chapter in this wonderful story!
Hello Cookies,
I know I haven't been updating since last year and yes there is a reason for that. Might not be a very good reason but it's still a reason/excuse. I've been very busy with my school and family. I updated and edited all the chapters titles and cover because I'm sick and out of school for two days. I will try to update another chapter over the weekend. I know I did not stick to my schedule but hey! I'm only human! Well enjoy this chapter!
XoXo TheCryingWolf