Chapter 65

The next two weeks were pretty hectic; with a wedding and a coronation to plan, there was a lot to get done. There was so much for me to learn. I had no idea of the many responsibilities that it would intel being Queen. Thankfully Fiona and Lillian were on hand to guide and teach me on all that I needed to know.

I'm not going to lie, I found out about some exciting things. One that gave me an excellent idea, so I had some people sort it out for me. I remember waiting anxiously for several days before hearing everything. When that day came, I can't tell how excited I was. Artie and I had just finished having yet another crucial meeting when one of the royal officers came up to me.

"Miss Clavell," he said. "The ladies you ask for several days ago have arrived. They're all waiting in the throne room for you."

"Thank you very much," I smiled. "I'll head over there now."

Artie turned to me with a confused look on his face. "Who did you invite to the palace?"

"You'll see," I chuckled.

The officer led us down the corridor and into the throne room. Once we had arrived, my joy couldn't be anymore contained when I saw the people looking at one of the paintings on the walls. It felt so long since I'd last seen them, and now, at last, we were finally reunited.

"Guys?" I called out.

They all looked to my direction and began running towards me, and I did the same too. We hugged each other tightly, and our squeals were growing louder by the second.

"Isabel, Merida, Lucy, I've missed you all so much," I said.

"We have too," Merida uttered.

"It's been too long girl," Isabel added. "So... where's the ring? I want to see."

I showed it to them, and Lucy was the first to grab my hand to get a closer look at it.

"It's so pretty," She gasped.

"Is this the best time to say, 'I told you so,' Merida laughed.

"Oh ha-ha," I laughed. "Ok, you three were right about Artie and I being a thing. I get it."

"This is more than just a thing," Isabel exclaimed. "You're going to get married to him for crying out loud!"

"I don't think its sunk in quite yet," Artie gushed, walking over to us. "I often see her staying at the ring for what seems like hours."

"It's just all so unreal," I said. "That I'm going to queen and marry you of course."

"I'm counting down the days." He smirked. "So I'm guessing she invited you guys to be her bridesmaids?"

"Of course," Merida added. "We made her promise to."

"That's not the only reason why I had them come," I stated.

The girls turned to me with raised eyebrows, Isabel scratching her head. "What do you mean?"

"Well," I began. "Since I'm going to be Queen, I will need some help with day to day duties. So, I want you girls to be my ladies in waiting."

They looked at me with wide eyes and hung mouths. I could see how speechless they were.

"Are...are you serious?" Lucy stuttered. "You want us three to be your ladies in waiting?"

"Of course. Who better than my three best friends."

"I think that's a great idea." Artie nodded. "I'm ok with appointing you guys for the job. After all, I know each of you personally."