Chapter 25

The two of them ran to the exit.

"Do you have the location?" Crow asked Airi mid-run.

"Yep, let's get to your car." She answered, keeping up with his speed.

The two got to his car and quickly hopped in. Crow drove the car, following Airi's directions of when to turn. She led him to a fenced back of a building, the Stray trying to climb the fence. Crow grabbed his leg and pulled him to the floor, the man resisting heavily. Crow gave one final tug and the man came falling back-first on the concrete floor. The man groaned in pain before using all of his strength to try to get back up. He clawed into Crow's arm, Crow wincing at the pain.

The Stray roared like an animal trying to scare its prey.

Airi looked down on him, "his mind is obviously lost." She pulled her arm back and shot it forward with brutal force, breaking his ribcage open and ripping his heart out of his body. She crushed it in her hand, the body, along with the heart, turned to dust.

Crow examined the dust, something different about it than last time. He dug a bit in and found a note. He opened it and almost instantly handed it to Airi.

"It's for you."

Airi took the note and read the page, surprised that a note addressed to her was left on a stray.

It appears you have found my message, Airi. If I'm not mistaken you have finally gotten of age to marry. After all, We were already decided to get married. I say we have the ceremony in three days. Sincerely, your betrothed, Zexal.

Airi felt despair, her face reflecting that despair.

Crow looked at her and took the note from her and read it.

"This... This can't be right... You've been married off to already?"

"I haven't married him... yet. I-I don't want to marry him..." She began to rub her left arm using her left hand.

Crow looked at her, disbelief flowing through him. "You mean your parents decided this?"

Airi nodded, "to ensure the pureblood vampires keep living."

Crow placed his hands on her shoulders, "if you don't want to you don't have to go through with it."

Airi looked directly in his eyes, tears flowing out of hers, "I can't not go through with it!"

Crow wrapped his arms around her, "Yes you can! This is your life."

She hesitantly embraced him and started to cry harder than she ever had before.

He took her hand and walked with her to the car, opening the door for her. He waited for her to sit in the seat before closing the door and moving to the driver's seat. He drove back home and kept her company until she calmed down.

The two of them headed inside the house. He went to his room and lay in bed, his forearm on his forehead.

Damn it, I don't even think I should be with her but something tells me that I must.

His thoughts were broken by the sound of the door opening. He sat up and looked at who opened the door. Airi stood in the doorway. She walked slowly toward him.

"Is something the matter?" he asked her, "You're not still thinking about that note are you?"

She stood beside him, "I know how to get him to call it off."

"How so?"

She mumbled something.

Crow looked at her, scared of what the answer was, "what?"

Airi threw herself at him, "please take it! If you do, I won't be desirable to him!"

Crow was on his back, Airi on top of him. "No... I can't..."

"Please! Just take it." She begged, tears streaming from her eyes.

"I-I can't... I'm sorry." He said hesitantly.

His phone suddenly began to ring and he picked it up, not missing a beat.

"Hey, where are you? School's out for the day and I don't see your car anywhere."

"I'm on my way." he hung up and turned to Airi. "I need you to stay here, can you do that?"

She hesitantly nodded, looking down.

Crow picked her head up and looked her in the eye, "I'll be back."

She smiled slightly as he headed out the room and out the house.

Crow drove to the school and picked up White.