Chapter 16

The two drove to school, taking the quickest route possible. When they arrived at school, Crow parked the car in the student's parking lot. White and Crow then left the car and headed inside. The high school was big, it had a cafeteria area for the students along with a commons area for the students to sit around in. The two of them went into the cafeteria where their group of friends typically were. They always sat at the same table, two away from the exit and two away from where breakfast and lunch would be served. The two of them sat down and weren't noticed by their best friend, Joe.

Joe had short dark brown hair with a blue hoodie and some tan jeans. His eyes were brown with a lack of darkness within them.

He turned around and saw the two siblings.

"Holy crap. How do you guys always come in without me noticing?"

Everyone at the table laughed. Madison, the only female who sat with them, had short blond hair, blue eyes, and layers of makeup on. Ken, the only African American in the group, had short black hair that was always curly. Brandon, a white boy with glasses, sat beside Joe. Max, the Asian in the group, had long hair that was almost the same length as Crow's.

Crow looked up from the table and saw that the counter was open for breakfast.

"Looks like the counter is opened for breakfast."

Crow headed toward the counter. He saw that they had funnel cake today.

Oh hell yeah! They brought out the funnel cake today!

He picked up a tray and grabbed a funnel cake, some orange juice, and a carton of chocolate milk. He put in his code for his account in the keypad, 8883. When they said he was good he went back to the table and started to eat.

"Oh what, they have funnel cake today?" Joe asked, getting out of his seat.

"Yep."

Crow watched as Joe went to the counter and grabbed his tray.

"So what happened during your guys' break?"

"I sat at home away from everybody." Max said, he acts as if he hates people, but he likes the group for reasons unknown.

"I stayed at home and played video games." Brandon stated, the others not surprised.

"We stayed at home. Watched some anime over our break too." Crow half-heartedly admitted.

"Yeah and he met a girl." White added.

"Ooh!" the table exploded with excitement.

"Tell me more!" they all begged.

Everyone was suddenly interested.

"What's her name?" Madison asked leaning forward against the table.

"What's she like?" Brandon asked, smiling.

"Is she cute!?" Max yelled over everyone.

"Airi. She's pretty cool. She's beautiful, like a goddess." Crow answered, attempting to get every question answered.

"Are you gonna slide in the DM?" A voice from behind asked.

Crow turned to see Joe standing behind him. Joe smiled and winked at him.

"Nah, I don't think I will." Crow said.

Everyone looked at him disappointed.

"Damn it man you're so not good. You gotta stop being a bitch and get in there ." Ken said, looking at him.

They all laughed.

"And here I thought you would get yourself another girlfriend." Madison said, laughing a little.

"That's not nice." Crow said with no emotion shown in his voice or face.

He gave up and laughed along with them. Suddenly the bell rang and they all started to get up. They all walked their own ways to their first period classes.

Crow went up the stairs in the commons and walked into the hallways. He walked for a while until he got to a door at the side of the building leading to the outside and walked out there.

His first class was Algebra 2 in the mobiles outside. His teacher was a female with black hair, fairly tall.

He got outside to the parking lot. He was next to a car when suddenly a figure stood in the way. It was a hooded person about the same height as Crow. His hood covered half of his face.

"Are you Crow?" the hooded man spoke.

"Yeah, why?" Crow responded.

The man approached, "then you must know Airi."

"Yeah I know her, why?"

"There's something I must do." The man was face to face with Crow when suddenly pain shot through Crow's body.

What's wrong with my body? Crow looked down at his own body, lodged in his chest was a large piece of wood.

What? Why is that there?

Attached to the wooden stake was a hand. Crow followed the hand to the arm connecting to it then to the body the arm was connected to. The one who stabbed him was the hooded man. Crow reached out to the man when suddenly he felt the piece of wood get pulled out of his body. Blood came up his throat and Crow spat it out. Losing the strength to remain standing, his knees were the first to buckle. He looked up at the hooded man, attempting to see his face before he fell face first on the street. He tried to get back up using his hands, they felt moist, as if he was touching water. He looked at his hand, covered in blood, before losing the strength to keep it up, falling to the ground, as his consciousness began to leave his body.

This is how I'm gonna die, alone, single, and a virgin.

His eyes began to feel heavy and he couldn't keep them open much longer. They closed, darkness taking over his vision.

"Target down" was the last thing he heard before darkness consumed all of his senses and he died.