Chapter 9

As soon as Airi got out of Crow's room, a phone rang. She turned around and followed where the ringing was coming from. She went to the stairs. It must be mine, she thought as she went down the stairs. Sure enough there was a phone on the counter.

Crow looked at it, it's not mine, he thought to himself. Airi picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"There's a Stray heading to your dominion, you should take care of it." the voice on the other end of the phone said, practically commanding her, before hanging up.

Airi turned to Crow. "Okay, I need you to come with me."

"Why?" Crow asked, "because there's a stray dog? Is it a cat?"

Airi turned to him, "No, a Stray. As in there's a vampire who has lost their leader. I can either take command or kill them if they're beyond help."

White stood behind them.

"So you're a vampire, I take it." he stated behind Crow, his voice sounding a bit harsh.

Crow turned around, "I was gonna tell you but I didn't want to freak you out."

White looked beyond angry. "So you say, but can we trust her?"

Crow put one hand on his brother's shoulder, "Of course we can, her family has been helping us with living here."

White looked down, "True," he said. I wonder if she knows what caused the fire that killed mom though, White thought, because if she does I will do anything to get the information.

Airi looked at Crow, "Well if he knows then no point in trying to run somewhere to do this."

"Do wha--" Crow stopped speaking when he realized that Airi had gotten close and was already biting into his neck drinking his blood. He heard her swallowing the lukewarm liquid for 5 seconds, as he patted her back. Isn't that enough blood already?

She stopped and walked out the door. Crow watched as she left, wondering if he would know what she would do to the Stray.