Chapter 20

When the three were finished eating their bacon and eggs, Crow and White left to go to school. Crow started the car and waited for White to get in the car. When he did, the two of them drove off. The ride to school was silent, not a single word was spoken.

They finally got to the school and Crow parked in his usual spot. The two of them got out and walked toward the school building. They got inside and headed to the cafeteria. They walked to the same table he had before. To his surprise, everyone at the table stared at him as he approached. They looked as if they were seeing a dead person walking to them.

Joe was the first one to stand up. He walked toward Crow rather slowly.

"You're alive? I-" He came closer, his voice breaking.

He hugged Crow tightly. Crow stood strong, surprised with the sudden embrace.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it, man. Jeez you make it sound like it was life threatening."

Joe let him go and looked him dead in the eye, "don't do anything like that again! You know I nearly had a heart attack when I heard you were attacked three days ago."

Three days? Crow stood in shock. Has it really been three days? He smiled. At least I get to live... well kind of.

He looked at everyone else in the group.

"Don't worry I'm fine. I'm a quick healer. Besides, the guy missed anything vital."

"Well you do know that you bled quite a bit, right?" Ken asked, worry written all over his face.

Brandon looked at Crow about to laugh.

"If you're gonna say something silly just do it." Crow said, monotone.

"If you did die there, you would've been single and a virgin." He laughed.

"He nearly died and you want to make jokes like that now!" Madison yelled.

Brandon jumped at the sound of her voice, obviously scared for his life.

Max laughed, "That's what happens when you don't know when and where not to make jokes like that."

"It's okay if you want to skip class you know." Madison said with concern in her face.

Crow smiled, "I'm fine. Really I am. Don't worry about me."

They all nodded and the bell for class to begin in seven minutes rang throughout the building. They all stood up and began walking with Crow to his class.

"What are you guys doing?"

"We all agreed that we're going to walk you to class." they all said.

"You don't have-" he was interrupted by a grab of his arm. It was Joe and he just shook his head.

Let them do it.

Crow sighed a bit. Fine.

They all walked toward the door to the mobiles. When they got out Crow started to break into a serious sweat. What's wrong with me? When all of them got to the spot he was stabbed Crow suddenly stopped. I... I can't. I can't come here. This... This is where I was...

Crow fell to his knees, tears were falling from his face. He let out a scream, unlike any male would, clutching his head from the pain. Make it stop! Please! Just make the pain stop!

All of his friends surrounded him.

"You're okay!"

"You're alive!"

"Stay calm!"

"If you need to, you could go back home."

White walked up to his older brother and swung a hand to his face. Slap! "Get a grip!"

A red mark appeared on Crow's face. He was silent and looking to the floor. He eventually looked up.

"I'll be fine."

They all looked at him.

"A-are you sure?"

Crow nodded in response. He turned to the spot once again and took a deep breath. He stood up and headed to the mobile containing his first class.