Chapter 1

It was a morning like any other for Crow, he was the first one in the house to wake up in the morning. He got up and went out the door of his bedroom to get breakfast. He walked down the stairs into the kitchen and got out a bowl, a spoon, the cereal box, and the milk from the fridge. He poured the cereal into the bowl then the milk and ate it.

When he was finished, he put the dishes he used in the sink and went back upstairs to get his little brother, White, up. He passed his room and opened the door to White's room. He went beside the bed and pulled the blankets.

"It's time to get up, White." he pulled the blankets completely off him.

"Five more minutes." White groaned.

"No, you have to eat breakfast." Crow demanded, poking him.

White got up with a "fine". He left the room and headed downstairs. Crow followed, closing the door behind him. He watched as White grabbed out his bowl and poured the same cereal as the person who ate before him. After White poured his milk, he walked off to the living room. He turned on the TV in the room and put on his favorite show. It was called Baka and Test, a comedy anime about students who go to a school where their classes are determined by the grade they got on a class deciding test. Crow smiled, after all he liked the anime too. It was probably his third time watching it (it was White's tenth time). Crow started thinking about several years ago when they first found the house they lived in.

"Ever wonder where the money comes from?" White asked from the couch.

Every month, five hundred thousand dollars gets placed in the mailbox for Crow and White to use for that month. The money is used to pay bills, buy necessities such as food and clothes, and buy any wants like t.v. series, movies, or books.

"Sometimes I do," Crow answered, "but I'm grateful for the fact that they do it."

"Didn't you want to go buy some more clothes at the mall today?" White turned around toward Crow to ask.

"Oh yeah, I did!" Crow ran back upstairs to pick out some clothes to leave in, pj's just wouldn't do.

He pulled out a white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans that weren't too loose or too tight from the closet. He opened the drawers in his dresser in his room and grabbed out a pair of boxers and socks before returning to his closet to pick up some shoes. He picked up some green converse shoes and headed to the bathroom. He turned the water to the shower on and pushed it a little to the left of the middle for warm water. He then started to take his clothes off to get in.

He washed his somewhat long brown hair then put conditioner in before rubbing the bar soap on his body. He sighed in content with the warmth of the water. He washed the soap off his body and sat in the tub as the warm water kept hitting him from the neck down.

"It's the perfect warmth." he silently whispered to himself.

He fell asleep in the tub.

He dreamt of a woman constantly hitting him.

"It's because of you I was sent here!" she shouted after every slap she did.

He cried, screaming "I'm sorry" after every hit that landed on him. Eventually the woman picked up the knife and stabbed him in the chest.

His body jerked up as he awoke. His face was wet from the tears that rolled down his face as he was asleep. He slapped water on his face in hopes that the evidence of tears would disappear. After that he washed the conditioner out of his hair and turned the water off. He stuck a hand out of the curtain to grab himself a towel and dried his hair first then wrapped it around his waist. He stepped out of the shower to walk to the sink that held the clothes he picked out. He took the towel off and hung it up on the horizontal pole it hung from before and started getting dressed. He put his boxers on, then his jeans, then his shirt. He combed his hair down then left the bathroom with his dirty laundry to take it downstairs to the hamper. He checked on what White was doing before going back upstairs to put on the socks and shoes. On his way to leave to his car outside, Crow asked his little brother if there was anything he wanted him to grab specifically.

"Just some black jeans but if you find a shirt you think I'd like text me and send a picture before buying it. I don't want you to buy something I won't wear like that one time." White told his older brother who just laughed at his last statement.

He must've really disliked what he was brought last time but Crow thought it was a pretty cool looking shirt.

He left to the car outside, a green Mitsubishi Eclipse 2003 manual model. He sat in the driver's seat and started the car. He drove out of the neighborhood and drove on the streets for about 10 minutes before he got to the mall. He parked in the parking lot and headed inside.