chapter 3

Hey everyone,

I am here with another chap. Please pass the story to your friends, vote and comment positively. Also, if you don’t like the story please leave kindly. Any harsh comments and swears will not be accepted.

~ Thank you

Chapter 3

||~Ella POV~||

It’s been almost a week since I am searching for Ev without any pictures of him. I am at the verge of breaking down but something is stopping me from doing so. There is a small flame of hope still burning inside me trying hard not to blow off in this windy time. Sighing like every morning I resume my search. All these days I asked several people trying to describe Ev to them but either they don’t follow my description or take me to someone else. Today is no different; some people who by now have memorized me would just give me middle finger or shake their heads at me and leave me there standing hoping for a positive answer or a new reaction from them. I was walking down the street trying to stop one person to listen to me but no one was budging and like every time I collided with something or should I say someone. “Ouch” I said while falling down but soon I froze in the mid air with the help of two strong arms. I sighed in relief and looked up to my savior an… “YOU” we both snapped at the same time.

Great just great! Just the man I wanted to see right now. Oh yeah don’t forget to note the dripping sarcasm in my words. I glared at him while he returned it with same passion. I shook my head and composed myself coming out of his arms. “What the heck are you doing here?” he spat at me getting angrier than before. I gulped but stayed calm and replied “look Rocky or Ryan or whatever I am searching for my brother if you have forgotten.” He tightens his fists and through gritted teeth he added further “damn it I mean what you are doing in this street at this time? Do you have any idea what is about to happen here?” I shook my head in oblivious. And he stepped closer to me make me step back automatically. He gripped my wrist and pulled me with him before I could protest he turned and pushed my shoulders downwards and I fell or should I say forcefully sat where I was standing. He kneeled down in front of me and said “stay right here. Do not utter a single one word. Any sound you made you will be sole responsible for the consequences. Am I clear?” he said the last part with no nonsense tone. I nodded not trusting my scared voice. He stood without another word and places some boxes in front of me like to hide me. Puzzled and helpless I sat there waiting to know what was to happen. I heard bikes and jeeps approaching and so did all last event memories came into my mind. I gulped remembering Ryan beating those other goons. I knew now what was to come but couldn’t do anything anymore. I was stuck here until one team dies and other wins. I shut my eyes and tried remembering Evan’s brave talks at night when I would have nightmares but nothing helped as the danger approached. I covered my mouth when I saw Ryan was being pointed by the guns of the new goons that just came. In return Ryan just smirked evilly and said with sarcasm “come on now you guys gonna kill a weaponless guy. That’s the manliness left in you. Roger I expected more from you at least a fair one on one. But guess what you are that of a loser who won’t play fair ever in his life.”

The Roger guy grunted and signaled his men to back off lowering his gun followed by others. I breathed a sigh of relief but I was still scared. They both positioned in front of themselves ready to fight. First strike was by Roger, he kicked Ryan and he fell on ground. But before I could make anything out Roger was stuck in a head lock by Ryan. Dang Ryan was fast. I bet he did fall to distract him to get the upper hand. I smiled realizing his technique. I know right here I should be pi**ing in my pants but I am smiling at Ryan’s fight tactics. I mentally face palmed and watched the scene unfold in front of me through the small space left in the middle of the boxes. Punches after punches, kicks after kicks, ommphhs, grunts and what not, finally with one last high kick by Ryan Roger fell lifeless on the ground marking the victory of Ryan. I wanted to air fist for the winner but then I realize it’s not a movie and neither is he a hero who saved the heroine nor am I the heroine who needs the knight in shining armor. I sighed and pushed the boxed out of the way standing up. As if he had forgotten about me completely he looked at me with shocked expression. I started walking towards him when I heard someone saying “who is she?” I looked around to find Roger’s men standing there looking at me with stunned looks. I gulped and realized that Ryan didn’t forget about me but I forgot about those other goons.