Chapter 1

Again as a reminder:

1.      I will only appreciate positive comments. So if you don’t like the story feel free to leave.

2.      Also no cussing plz.

3.      I sometimes review my work sometimes I don’t. So plz ignore grammar mistakes.

4.      Also I maybe irregular in updating my work so plz be patient with me.

5.      Kindly if possible pass this story to ur friends as well

Thank You

Chapter 1

Just to clear it out Ev is short form of Evan

||~Ella’s POV~||

It’s been almost a week since I walked out of my house in search of Evan, my brother. It’s really frustrating walking around with your brother’s picture in your hand and asking people if they have seen him anywhere. It is more frustrating when the answer is always same. But what if one answer is different from others? What if one word can change your life? What if one word wakes up all the dead hopes inside you? That’s what happened to me yesterday evening. While I was showing Evan’s picture to everyone on the crowded street one very and I repeat very creepy person identified my brother. He said I quote “I have seen that moth… ker in Pittsville.” His words were slurred and his mouth was stinking with alcohol’s smell. Then he left without saying another word.

I wanted to go follow him and ask more about Ev but my instincts stopped me. The only word that kept ringing in my mind was Pittsville. It is a town near New York, a town known for den of underworld. I shivered remembering reading the headlines related to that town, bloodsheds, murder, robbery, rape and what not. I gulped audibly at the thought of my Ev being there and also at the thought me walking through the streets of that horrendous place. I started imagined all the worst scenarios for Ev and for me. I mentally smacked myself and murmured some courageous words to myself. 

With chin up and straight spine I walked to my new destination with a new hope swirling deep inside me. The first and speedy train journey can be hectic and also scary especially when almost entire train is empty and so is the station. I stepped into the new town and looked around for any living being. But there was no sign of life in this dreadful station at this time of hour at night. Ignoring the voice inside me yelling for me to turn around and get in the train and go back to where I was coming from. I was determined to find Ev and no one and I mean no one is changing my decision. I waited for hours for a taxi but when I got tired of it I started walking in the silent streets of Pittsville.

I was on alert mode. Eyeing each and every corner searching for any danger that might waits for me. I heard distinct voices of men and I followed it. I saw few thugs like guys drinking and smoking God knows what! I gave my last prayers to whoever was above watching me and enjoying the scene. I kept walking ignoring them stopping to look at me and whispering stuffs of course about me. After a few moments of dreadful silence I heard footsteps. Fleet or fight, two options were there for me. I being me chose fight option. I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest and glared at all four of them. They were confused at my behavior and I mentally smirked making them confused and somewhat scared of me and my actions. I was sure no girl in their right frame of mind would do what I did. Nor their brother ever taught them self defense now, did they? I smiled evilly at them and the sweat on their foreheads was evident enough to tell me that they were no harm. I walked towards one and kneed him. The next one got my heel on his toe and the other one got a kick in the stomach. The last one looked like would fall even with the push of my pinky finger. I shake my head at him and turned to walk away. After seconds I felt someone holding my arm and turning me around. I came face to face with fifth guy he was stronger and creepier than all the four ones. I tried kneeing him but he stopped me in the middle. He held my wrist tight but I bit him and ran for my dear life.