𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

There were a few select people that knew the true story of Edmund and Phillis

There were a few select people that knew the true story of Edmund and Phillis. In fact, it was probably only Cobalt who knew the full story. Nonetheless, the story of Eddie and Philly had been a particularly odd one. When one thinks of a love story, one wouldn't think of falling in love in a magical land that logically shouldn't exist. Perhaps some people prefer that of clichés and typical romance stories. But this one was unique and it was beautiful because of it.

When the news of Phillis Pevensie dying in a car crash hit the press, it was headlining news. Dying in a car with your two children and closest friend seemed like that of a sad novel. Perhaps a sad novel that Phillis would write herself. There was a small memorial in the park with the long stretch of pond. People lay cherry blossoms in the murky water and let them float along to the end of the world. It was a beautiful sight and almost everyone there had wished ever so much that Phillis had been there to see it for herself. Of course, they didn't know she and her family had watched it from Aslan's Country, for none of them knew of such a place.

Phillis' typewriters were sold on for a lot of money. However, her mother's (the one she'd written Where the Cherry Blossoms Couldn't Grow with) was given to John Rovers, who had become a dear friend of Phillis', as a gift. He kept it in his office by the windowsill. He never used it, for it wasn't his to use. Instead, he would sit and admire it for hours on end. Tucked in the typewriter, was the note that Edmund had left her before her first meeting with John.

The bench that overlooked the long stretch of pond in the park was fitted with a little golden plaque, that read:

TO PHILLIS CLEMENTINE PEVENSIE,
A WOMAN WHO HAD A MARVELLOUS WAY WITH WORDS.
THE BENCH IN WHICH HER DEAR EDDIE PROPOSED WITH A CHERRY BLOSSOM

Together, Edmund and Phillis were unstoppable. They'd always been like that. Even when they despised each other, for you couldn't stop an argument, no matter how hard you could try. But they grew and they matured and they learned to fall in love. Perhaps it was all just a coincidence that they happened to fall in love with each other. And, Vera Lynn was right, they had met again on some sunny day. But as long as King Edmund the Just, of the great Western Wood and Queen Phillis the Zealous, of the Sparkling Constellations above were together, there was an unbreakable bond between them. Though, she still thought of him to be the most irritable boy she'd ever met.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙸𝚁𝚁𝙸𝚃𝙰𝙱𝙻𝙴. ➪ 𝙴. 𝙿𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚎 🎉