𝚜𝚒𝚡

The date of the long awaited royal wedding arrived quicker than most had expected

The date of the long awaited royal wedding arrived quicker than most had expected. Lady Dariyah was heavily pregnant, and her dress felt like it was squeezing her baby bump particularly tightly. Her bridesmaids, her two sisters, Calypso and Fay, were obsessing over how gorgeous she looked. Her father knocked on her door, signalling that it was time. They linked arms, facing the crowd of Narnians and Archenland folk. Edmund and Peter stood by Elmer, smiling supportively at him. Susan and Phillis were a no show, leaving Lucy to sit on the front row with the Beavers, Mr. Tumnus and Cobalt. Calypso and Fay walked down first, shortly followed by Dariyah and her father. Elmer smiled brightly at the beautiful princess. "We are gathered here today, to celebrate the unity of not only two families, but two kingdoms. Princess Dariyah of Archenland and King Elmer the Audacious, of Narnia are devoting their lives to each other. In sickness and health, they are making a promise to care for each other until the end of time. King Elmer, do you take Princess Dariyah to be your wife?" the faun, who officiated the wedding, asked.
"I do."
"And Princess Dariyah, do you take King Elmer to be your husband?"
"I do."
Phillis watched from outside the door. She couldn't be in that room. She didn't want to see her brother marry the one woman she despised.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife, King and Queen of Narnia."
Elmer and Dariyah shared a deep kiss. Phillis winced and turned away. "Should we have been there? For Elmer, I mean," Susan asked, appearing by her side.
"Who cares, right? It's just a dumb wedding," Phillis sighed.

As the evening progressed, Phillis and Susan had mingled outside, debating whether or not to go in. The ceremony was over now, thankfully. Phillis watched Edmund dance with Dariyah's elder sister, Fay, and Peter dance with her other, Calypso. "You jealous?" Susan asked.
"Of who?"
"Dariyah's sister. She's dancing with Edmund," Susan smirked.
"Why would I be jealous?" she asked, playing dumb.
"Because you're in love with him - you have been for years," the brunette girl chuckled.
"That doesn't mean anything. Elmer's been in love with you for years, but here he is, marrying someone else. Just because your heart lies with someone else, doesn't mean you can't be happy," Phillis shrugged, smoothing out her dress.
"Not truly. You cannot truly be happy," Susan sighed, pressing her hand to Phillis' shoulder.
"Love's a weird thing," the shorter girl said, pressing her head into the crook of Susan's neck.
"Indeed it is."
"You know Elmer is only marrying Lady Dariyah because she is bearing his child, don't you? His heart is yours," Phillis reassured Susan.
"But that's just it, either way we could never be together. Not here, in Narnia," Susan sighed.
"You want to go back?" Phillis questioned.
"Sometimes. I miss home, but I'm happy here too," Susan replied.
"I feel the same. They say this is our home now, but I feel so out of place. My home is Finchley," Phillis nodded. "I'd hate to die here and my mother never know what happened."
"With our fathers away too, it'd be awful to leave them alone," Susan said.
"Are we stuck here forever?" Phillis asked, glossy eyes staring into Susan's.
"Maybe," Susan sighed, hugging Phillis close.