𝚝𝚎𝚗

Phillis snapped awake, Lucy was hovering over her

Phillis snapped awake, Lucy was hovering over her. "Oh, you're awake! You really gave us a fright!" Lucy smiled.
"Now, we've wrapped up your wounds. They should be fine in a day or two with the help of Lucy's Cordial," Susan informed her.
"But onto more pressing matters," Lucy joked, "care to tell us what happened between you and our brother?"
"I have no clue," Phillis sighed. "He just kissed me."
"We can figure that much out for ourselves," Lucy said.
"Give her a break, Lu. She's lost a lot of blood," Susan chuckled. "Now, we have to go soon."
"What? Where?" Phillis asked quickly.
"Into the woods. Ed'll be back shortly, he's delivering a message to Miraz. Lucy and I are going to find Aslan," Susan explained.
"Find Aslan? God, I wish he'd just start turning up when we need him instead of making us go on a wild goose chase," Phillis rolled her eyes.
"You know, you're beginning to sound a lot like Peter," Lucy smirked.
"For the love of God, spare me the trauma," Phillis muttered, causing the girls to laugh.

On Edmund's return, the Pevensie sisters rode off on Caspian's horse. Phillis and Caspian had bid them a final farewell.

Edmund found Phillis rewrapping the wound on her thigh. He sat down quietly, admiring her for a moment or two. "I think we need to talk," he said.
"I think you might be right," she sighed, meeting his gaze.
"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. It was just... I guess I never thought I'd see you again, but there you were. I was so worried that I'd never got to tell you how I felt- feel. How I feel."
"And how do you feel, Ed?" she asked quietly.
"Everything. Angry, scared, happy. But for you? I feel indescribable. You know, I think I've always liked you. Maybe that was why I was so mean to you," he replied.
"You weren't mean," she hummed, "just irritable."
He exhaled sharply, laughing.
"But as far as feelings go? I think I like you too."
"You think?" he smirked.
"Well, I know. Everything was so different after the first time in Narnia," she whispered.
Edmund blushed at the mention of 'the first time in Narnia'. Phillis looked up at Edmund, smiling softly, "Everyone could tell we weren't the same."
"They're very observant like that," he shrugged.
"I think it was just obvious," she chuckled.

However, Phillis wasn't thinking of Edmund or Susan or Lucy; the cheers of Telmarines and Narnians alike was enough to damage her thought process. She emerged from the How behind Peter, with Elmer and Edmund by his side. Once they reached the stone ruins in which Peter and Miraz would be fighting, Phillis glanced at the Telmar King. "How?" he said breathlessly, scanning her rapidly.
"Like I said, your Highness, power comes in many forms," he glared at her, before standing to face High King Peter.
"You'll get yourself killed," Elmer whispered.
"I think I've almost died enough times in Narnia to say that I am well and truly invincible," she joked.
Peter drew his sword from its sheath, which Edmund was holding onto. At the sight, the Narnians cheered loudly. Miraz put on his helmet and drew his own sword. "There is still time to surrender," Miraz said, as the two men circled each other.
"Well, feel free," Peter replied.
"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz questioned.
"Just one."
And so, it began. Edmund, Elmer and Phillis couldn't do anything but stand by and watch. As Phillis kept her eyes trained on the single combat, she kept her mind trained on the sweet kiss her and Edmund had shared after their talk. They had agreed that maybe, just maybe, they were better off together. So, they made it official. Narnia seemed to be the land of dreams.

Phillis watched nervously as Miraz knocked Peter's helmet off and Peter sliced Miraz's thigh. Yes, it hurts, doesn't it? She couldn't help but think. And perhaps the thing that sent nerves racing down her back the most, was Edmund wrapping his pinky finger around hers. It was a small gesture, but one that offered her a great deal of comfort. Miraz pushed Peter to the ground, stomping on the High King's shield. Phillis could hear the crunch of bones from where she stood and she had to turn away from a brief moment to collect her thoughts and compose herself. Phillis noticed Susan and Caspian come galloping from the trees. Where was Lucy? "Does his highness need a respite?" Miraz asked.
"Five minutes?"
"Three."
Peter limped towards the centaur and his three friends. Edmund picked up his helmet and guided Peter towards them. Phillis hugged Susan tightly, shortly followed by Elmer embracing her as if he'd never see her again. "Lucy?" Peter asked, his eyes wide.
"She got through, with a little help," Susan said, gesturing to Caspian.
"Thanks," Peter nodded.
"Well, you were busy," Prince Caspian shrugged.
"You better get up there, just in case," Elmer said, gesturing up to the How. "I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word."
Susan sighed, hugging Peter. He let out a grunt and she quickly apologised. "It's all right," he assured her.
"Be careful," she whispered.
"Keep smiling," Edmund said hurriedly, noticing the Narnians getting confused and worried.
He raised his sword in an attempt to calm their nerves, to which they obviously cheered.

Peter sat, allowing Elmer to remove his shield. "Agh! I think it's dislocated," he turned to Edmund and Phillis.
"At least it wasn't your ribs," she joked, earning a laugh from her brother and Edmund as Peter merely rolled his eyes at her.
Phillis sighed, running to his side. She'd seen her mother do this to Elmer after he'd played in a football match and fallen the wrong way a few years ago. "What do you think happens back home if you die here?" he asked.
She placed her hands on his shoulder, sparing him a sympathetic smile. He noticed that her black eye was clearing up nicely, though it'd most likely return as soon as they got home. He stared into her eyes, "You know, you've always been there. I've been horrible to you recently and I-"
"That's kind," she smiled, shoving his shoulder back into place as he groaned. "But save it for later."
Caspian, Edmund and Elmer winced at the cracking noise it had produced. The two kings stood, ready to face each other once more. Edmund handed Peter his sword and when Phillis went to give him his helmet, he shook his head lightly. Bold move. The action made Miraz reject his own helmet.
The fight was an average fight - clashing swords, grunting, cries of anger, cries of pain, the whole lot - just with the tension ramped up to about a hundred. Soon, and you'd only be able to spot exactly how if you had a history with swords, both Peter and Miraz had lost their blades. The fight turned into more of a fist fight - Peter's area of expertise recently. Peter managed to punch Miraz in the thigh (where he'd cut it) and that sent him tumbling to the ground. "Respite," Miraz begged, "respite."
"Now's not the time for chivalry, Peter!" Edmund yelled.
And there it was again, Ed's little finger slowly snaking itself around Phillis'. Peter shook his head, and began walking towards the Narnians. "Look out!" Phillis yelled as Miraz raised his arm, which held a sword.
Peter managed to turn around and narrowly miss a blow. Instead, with his own sword, he pushed it into Miraz's stomach. Miraz gasped and crumbled to his knees. Peter stood, ready to behead Miraz. But he hesitated. "What's the matter, boy? Too cowardly to take a life?" Miraz asked.
"It's not mine to take."
Peter held his sword out to Caspian. The prince stepped forward, taking the weapon. He shook slightly as he held it up to Miraz's chest. "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine King after all," Miraz muttered.
With a loud cry, Caspian rammed the sword into a loose patch of grass.
"Not one like you," Caspian replied. "Keep your life. But I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom."
The Narnians broke out into a cry of joy. One of Miraz's men went to help him up, before uttering some words and promptly stabbing him with an arrow identical to that of Susan's. "Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our King!" he yelled.
"Piss," Phillis muttered quietly.