𝚝𝚎𝚗

Phillis emerged on deck to witness Eustace and Reepicheep in the middle of a duel

Phillis emerged on deck to witness Eustace and Reepicheep in the middle of a duel. How had he managed to get into a fight with a mouse? She and Tommy watched as Eustace fell to the ground, knocking over a basket. A high-pitched scream emitted from beneath a cloth. A girl, the girl from before, crawled out from underneath the dirty rag. "Look," said Lucy, who had noticed the girl too.
"Gael?" her father exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
Everyone was deadly silent. Phillis offered her hand to Eustace, who used it to get up.
"Here," he said, hugging her tightly.
"Looks like we have an extra crew member," Drinian said, tossing Gael an orange.
"Welcome aboard," smiled Lucy.
"Your Majesty," Gael said, curtsying.
"Call me Lucy. Come on," Lucy said, taking her into a cabin.
"Come on, look lively!" yelled Drinian. "Back to work!"
Phillis turned back to Tommy, as she bit into an apple. He was looking out at the horizon, his eyes trained on the beautiful blue waves.
"What do you think?" she spoke up, snapping him out of his trance. "Of Narnia?"
"It's incredible," he whispered. "Your brother must of loved it."
"Yes, well, he always wanted to come back. I suppose that's why he enlisted: to get his mind off it. Or maybe he loved the thrill of battle," she shrugged. "Maybe that's why Edmund's trying to enlist too."
"Edmund's enlisting?" Tommy asked.
"Trying to. Lucy told me," she replied. "You don't want to, do you?"
"Not now. Maybe when I'm older. But certainly not now," Tommy told her.

Phillis stood next to Drinian as they, Caspian and Edmund watched the oncoming island. "It looks uninhabited. But if the lords followed the mist east, they would have stopped here," said Caspian, peering through his telescope.
"Could be a trap," Drinian replied.
"Or it could hold some answers," Edmund added.
"Caspian?" Phillis said, waiting to see his take on the island.
"We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning," Caspian informed the three of his plan.
"Aye, Your Majesty," Drinian nodded.

Phillis was awoken in the middle of the night. The book she had been reading fell off her stomach and into the sand as she was being carried by something invisible. She looked around frantically, to see Lucy get picked up too. Phillis tried to scream but her cries were muffled by whatever was carrying her. Eventually, her and Lucy were thrown onto the grass. They were surrounded by beautiful topiary. Phillis scrambled up, pulling her sword from its sheath in an attempt to protect her and Lucy. But something knocked it from her hand, sending it flying. She decided it would be best to not take out her other as she wouldn't want to lose that one too. Lucy went to grab it for her, only to be knocked back into Phillis. "There is no escape," it said.
"Well put," a different one said.
"Scary."
"Yeah!"
"What are you?" Lucy asked.
"We are terrifying invisible beasts," one said.
"If you could see us, you would be really intimidated," the one with the particularly deep voice said.
"You forgot to mention that we are really large," another said.
"What do you want?" Phillis called.
"You. You'll do what we ask," the one who seemed to be in charge said.
"They will!"
"Very clear."
"Well put."
"Yeah."
"Or what?" Lucy asked.
"Or death."
"Death! Death! Death! Death!" they all began chanting.
"Well, we wouldn't be much use to you dead, would we?" Phillis smirked.
"I hadn't thought of that," the chief said.
"No. You hadn't."
"Fair point."
"Alright. Then we'll just kill your friends."
"Good idea!"
"What do you want with us?" Lucy asked.
"You will enter the house of the Oppressor," the chief said, pushing Lucy and Phillis forward.
"What house?" asked Lucy.
"This one," said the chief.
Suddenly, a door seemed to form, and it cracked open, revealing a large staircase.
"Upstairs, you'll find The Book of Incantations. Recite the spell that makes the unseen seen," the chief said.
"Well put, Chief. Well put."
"Why don't you do it yourselves?" Phillis asked, before her and Lucy entered the house.
"We cant read," said Chief.
"Can't write either, as a matter of fact," said another.
"Or add."
"Why didn't you just say so?" Lucy sighed.
Clearly Lucy felt the same amount of sympathy for the creatures that Phillis had. They just wanted the two girls to complete a simple task for them. If only they'd said that instead of kidnapping them and threatening to kill their friends.