28

The last 5 days have been a blur of parties both with my family and with ark. Last night's party was a mix of both, the bands retirement celebration had like expected turned into chaos.

I couldn't begin to tell you the things I've witnessed, if I were to repeat them I would surely need therapy. I had witnessed my sister Mary having sex with someone who isn't her husband in arks hot tub. In all fairness she wasn't cheating, her husband eventually joined in. My parents luckily had been inside at the time doing body shots off Geri's stomach. Dianne had been almost as sober as me so she witnessed the whole mess too. Seeing June making out with arks manager Maggie had been her breaking point, she had drank so much she passed out on arks sofa.

Ark hadn't touched a drop of alcohol all night ad he wanted to be the perfect host. He looked terrified most of the night and who could blame him. Since our conversation he had been quiet, I feel bad that i had doubted him.

"where are we" I ask ark as I finally come around.

"were in my room, I put your parents to bed in one of the guest rooms"

"so we're not in Vegas" it must have all been a dream after all. Thank god.

"yeah we are, we're in my new house. Don't worry I got dianne and spike to go to bed too. Hopefully they will be sober in time for the wedding"

"wedding, what wedding" I ask but as I do it all comes back to me.

"dianne was serious, their getting married here. When" I leap out of the bed and clutch my head, it hurts so bad I have to sit back down.

"I think she booked the Chappel for 6"

"oh god, we need to talk her out of it"

"I don't think that will happen, they seemed pretty set on it"

I look around and take in the beautiful room, it's all white and minimalistic. 

"Where's Ethan" I panic, I haven't seen him since I saw him flirting with some random at arks house.

"oh don't worry he's at ludos house"

"why would he be at ludos and not here"

Ark raises a brow suggestively "you do know ludo plays both sides of the field"

It takes me a moment to get what he's saying, when I finally get it I gasp. Ark covers his mouth like hes just dropped a giant secret.

"so your sister is getting married in 5 hours and your the maid of honour and I'm the best man do you think we should take our duties seriously and try not to let the wedding be a massive fuck up" 

"OK where do we start"

......................................

With my share of chores noted on my cell I head out into Vegas in hopes of making diannes wedding memorable in a good way. I had tried to wake everyone up so I could delegate jobs but I had no luck. My mom did wake up long enough to tell me to fuck off but that was it.

I have so much to do in just 4 hours, I'm not sure how it's possible. Most importantly I have to find dianne a dress. Their is a huge chance that when dianne and get fiance wake up they will have come to their senses but I'm not taking that chance.

I bombard dianne with messages in hopes she will wake up and see them before I purchase her dress. I find it hard to imagine that she hadn't had her heart set on choosing her own gown. The good thing about Vegas is their isn't a shortage on bridal stores where you can purchase in the store and leave with it that day.

I give up any hope of my sister being here to choose her own dress when her and mom suddenly appear in the stores entrance. Ark gives me a wink before he leaves in order to do his own chores.

"I'm loralie, I own this store. so who's the bride" a talk slender woman in a smart black dress asks as she nears us with a tray of champagne.

"she is and I think coffee would be a better option"

Loralie smiles politely and gestures for her assistant to make coffee.

"this is my sister dianne, she gets married today"

"today, oh you have left it late. Don't worry about that, we can find you a dress you will adore"

"I don't wear white" Di says sheepishly, she looks like she's ready to throw up.

"me neither dear, we have an extensive range of dresses. Follow me to the coloured dresses"

There's two huge rows of gowns, there's every colour from red to black. I even spy a yellow one, I'm pretty sure dianne won't be choosing that.

After 5 coffees and even more dresses dianne still hasn't found a dress she loves. We've been here an hour and I'm about to lose hope. I leave my mom and her to look through the racks one more time. I find myself looking through the white dresses and holding them up against myself. I find a white off the shoulders gown with lace. It's stunning, it's not a ball gown it's more figure hugging. Dianne would look amazing in it, it's just a shame it doesn't come in another colour.

"loralie can dianne try this on" I call out, i can't stop myself. I know it's not what my sister wants but I have to see her in it.

"I only have it in white"

"I know"

I can hear diannes eyes roll as the dress is handed to her. "white, you know I don't want white"

"just try it on, humour me please" I beg.

I find a black dress in a similar style, it's not dressy enough to be a wedding dress but it would be perfect as a maid of honour outfit. I leave my mom looking for her dress while I try it on.

Dianne gasps from inside her dressing room, I barge in and find myself gasping too.

"that's the one, that's the dress" I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I can't wear this it's white, and we both know it's tradition that only Virgin's wear white at their weddings. I'm certainly not a virgin"

I place the matching veil on het head and beam at her, she looks amazing. "fuck tradition"