❧𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫 [Pt. 1]

It starts with angst but it ends nice! This is another long one :)

((Y/n)'s p.o.v.)

When Lucifer and his brothers rebelled it shook the heavens. Angels were not sure what to think and everyone just tried to forget it. They were ashamed that such high ranked angels went against their own father.

I on the other hand could not forget what others could. I was close to Lucifer and his brothers so when they fell it hurt me worse than I could imagine. Everyday I longed to see them all once more to just hug them and know that they are okay. The other angels avoided me due to the fact that I was so close to the family. I'm sure they feared that I would try and continue what they couldn't, but I wouldn't even dream of it.

Ezekiel tapped my shoulder making me look his way. "Hello," I said giving him a smile.

"Micheal wants to speak with you," He spoke looking at me with worry.

"Oh," Was all I could say as I felt my mind go black. I know this wasn't going to end well for me.

"Come on I'll walk you there," He said softly with a gentle smile.

Ezekiel became my close friend after the war and he knew how I felt about everything. I knew I was safe with him and he went out of his way to make sure I felt safe and loved. His light brown hair and blue eyes shone brightly whenever we would be together. He made me feel at home but I still longed for something...that something being Lucifer.

I knew I loved Lucifer when he was still an angel. I fell for him and no one could compare. He was mature and strict but compassionate. He would always dish out his shining smile for everyone and he took care of his work with diligence. He was highly looked up too and I was one of those angels. My heart still belongs to him.

Everyone saw how after the war I was less productive and that I wasn't as happy. Aren't angels supposed to be holy beings who don't judge or sin? Most of the angels that knew me stopped hanging around me. There was also gossip about me supposedly rebelling next. Ezekiel was the only one who stood next to me without regret.

Ezekiel and I walked in silence, there was tension which confirmed it in my head that this was not good. Something bad was going to happen to me. I glanced at Ezekiel noticing the frown that was on his face causing a frown to cover mine as well. My heart hurt thinking of the worse that could happen, I fall from heaven.

"(Y-y/n)," Ezekiel breathed out looking at me with an unsettling seriousness. We stood in front of where Micheal stayed as Ezekiel grabbed my hands bringing me closer to him. "I just want you to know that I love you and you will always have a special spot in my heart." When he finished he was crying a bit. My heart ached as I knew I couldn't love him in that way, also with the fact that this will be the last time I will see this sweetheart.

"I'm sorry that I can't reciprocate your feelings," I mumbled also feeling tears run down my face. "But you will also always hold a special place in my heart." He leaned down and kissed my forehead and I walked into the temple.

Micheal was staring out a window and turned to me as I walked up to him. I bowed in respect as I spoke up softly, "You called for me sir."

"I'm sorry that I'm the one to tell you this," He started with a solemn look. "The concern of our fellow angels has lead for this decision to be made."

"I understand," I said feeling my heart shatter, yet there was some hope that filtered in. I might see Lucifer and be reunited with his brothers. He closed his eyes, he seemed oddly genuine about this whole ordeal.

"Please don't blame the others," Micheal said placing a hand on my shoulder. "I made sure you will be taken care of when you fall." I nodded trying to keep myself composed, yet that failed when he gave me a warm hug. I felt sobs rack through my body as I shook. I clung onto Micheal's robes as fear consumed me. He let go and suddenly I fell through the floor. My eyes widened and my breath got caught in my throat. A scream ripped through my body as I stared up my hands reaching up. My tears floating above me as I continued to fall. Everything looked blurry, my hair covering my face as it all went black.