Chapter Seventeen ~ He Only Wants To Hurt You

Kathryn,

       I hope you know that I'm sorry for what I did to you. She just came to me and wouldn't leave me alone. I feel bad and I want you to know how much I love you.
      I'm not much for being romantic, but if you could meet me back at my house as soon as you can, I'll show you how much I love and miss you.

That's what the letter from Jon said.

It was written in his messy handwriting.

The letter was from someone who caused so much pain, but it made me smile.

But that smile quickly went away.

I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get me back so he could hurt me again. He came to my house just to lie to me. He wrote this letter just to lie to me. It's all bullshit.

I threw the letter in the trash, sat on my bed, and watched Ghost Adventures for hours until I got a phone call.

From Jon.

I slide to answer and put the phone to my ear.

"What do you want, Good?"

"Wow, not even a hello? I wanted to know if you got my letter."

"I did get your letter, but then threw it away after I read it."

"Why?"

"Because that letter is a lie. Everything is."

"Kathryn, I'm not lying when I say I want you back. I'm not lying when I say I love you."

"Bullshit! It's all fucking bullshit, Jon! You are the one who fucking cheated on me, so why would I want you back? You can't do that! You're going to feel my pain, whether you like it or not."

"C'mon. I made a mistake. Take it easy on me, babe." He said.

"Hell no. I won't take you back. Never. I believe we're done with this conversation, Jon."

"Kathryn Faith Stevens, I'll get you back one day, no matter what it takes. I love you." And with that, he quickly hung up.

I threw my phone on the floor and began to cry.

I thought life would be perfect when I became a WWE Diva. I thought I would be able to escape my past and start fresh. I thought I could finally be happy again.

Turns out that I was wrong.

All of this drama, the whole thing with Jon, was been bringing me down. To me, it seems like I would never be able to escape the past. No matter what I tried or how hard I tried, I would never be able to escape. I would be stuck in a tiny cell for the rest of my life until I would finally wither away.

My phone started ringing again. When I looked at the caller ID, it was Nick.

Huh, I thought. I haven't talked to him in a while.

I slide over to answer and put the phone up to my ear once again.

"Hi, spaghetti head." I said, sleeply.

"Oh, getting started on the nicknames, are we? You'll be Mrs. Beautiful."

I giggled.

"What? Too lame? Hmm, let's see if-"

"No, I love it."

"Good."

"So why'd you call?"

"To check on you. You haven't talked to me since you left. I was worried about you."

"I know, I'm sorry. I've just been going through a lot lately."

"Don't apologize, Kathryn. I was just worrying about you. We all are. Even Jon."

My face froze.

Jon.

"What?" I said quietly.

"Yeah it's hard to believe. But really, Kathryn, Jon is so worried about you."

"No he isn't. It's all a lie."

"It isn't a lie, Kat. He misses you. He's upset about what he's done to you. It haunts him every day."

It haunts him everyday.

My phone slipped out of my hand.

I stared straight ahead.

Some part of me was believing Nick, and I hated it. It scared me.

I tried to shake it off, but the thought would not leave my mind.

It's just bullshit. It's all lies, Kathryn.

I heard Nick on the phone repeating my name. But I didn't answer. I just curled up in my blankets and fell into a deep sleep.