18

KARA'S POV

Since I stepped foot into school this morning all I've been hearing is the party in our neighborhood, at Sasha's house after school by 10.

I didn't want to know so I didn't ask.

But I did want to find him so I could apologize for my outburst the other day. It's been almost a week, he's been avoiding me.

Why I say so?

Because whenever he sees me, he walks in the opposite direction. Every time we meet in the school hallway, he acts as if he didn't see me.

It makes me feel even guiltier.

"Ready for the game today?"

"Hmm?" I asked, snapping out of my thoughts.

My brother looked at me intently.

"Where's your head at?" Ali asked, rubbing both my shoulders with his arm.

"Nothing. Just thinking." I answered.

"I'm sure you must be nervous since it's your first playoff as the captain of a new team. But you've got this. You're Karamat Rabeeb Ahmad, the best player in the whole of California.."

"That's a bit of an exaggeration." I cut him off but he shushed me, waving me off.

"Whatever. Just go show them what you're capable of, okay? Then we can go home to celebrate your first win in Reno high, become mvp of the match as you warm up for the regionals coming up." He blabbed and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Confident much?" I teased and he winked at me.

"Oh I definitely am."

___

True to my brother's words, we did win the match against the rival school, though it was just a friendly match. And I did come out the MVP of the match. But I think I worn myself out a bit too much considering I wasn't getting a lot of cooperation from my teammates.

But all that doesn't matter, we won.

And I didn't even think about the guilty feelings I had because of my argument with Sasha.

Shit. I just remembered.

Way to go, conscience.

As I made my way to the girl's locker room to shower before I'd meet my friends, I bumped into someone and fell on my buttocks.

"Why am I always the one to fall?" I mumbled, glaring at the person's sneakers.

He has such fine sneakers.

The guy chuckled.

Hey, I know that laugh.

"That's because you always bump into me." Sasha stated as I got back on my two feet.

"Congratulations on your match today. I liked how you look so laid back and in your territory when you were playing. And you were surprisingly fast and swift. You need to work a bit on your defense though, I saw how that huge lady kept pushing you to the floor every chance she gets. You need to be able to stand firmly on the court." He lectured while I just stared at him fascinated.

"Thank you, coach." I teased and we both chuckled before falling into a silence.

"I'm sorry." We blurted in unison and stared at each other for a while before both bursting into a fit of laughter.

"We're cool." I told him with a smile.

He smirked and repeated, "We're cool."

"Hey, Jay and the guys are throwing a party at my house tonight. It wouldn't be fun for me without you and Ali there." He offered.