5

Kara

"May I help you.... sir?" I added, just in case.

The man laughed like I said something really funny and I also laughed nervously.

"Tell me I'm not in trouble." I looked at him pleadingly then he smirked.

"Not a teacher." He shook his head and I sighed.

"Scott William. Nice to meet you." The guy, I mean Scott introduced with a smile which I tried really hard to mirror.

"Kara Ahmad." I said and started walking away, not seeing any reason why I'd stick around.

Wait...

Scott William?

Dirty blonde hair?

Blue eyes?

"He's your brother?" I whispered, directing it to Ciara.

"Did you say something?" Scott inquired and I looked up at him.

"Huh? No, nothing." I waved him off.

"Anyways, just wanted to give give you this." He handed some car keys to Ciara.

"My keys." She breathed and he nodded with a smile.

"Destroy it again and I won't save you from Mom and Dad again, neither will I get your car repaired." He told her and she smiled goofing at him.

He looked at his watched before looking back at us. "Wanted to tell your friend that I like her as well." He said to Ciara but was looking at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" I asked, laughing at him and he smirked.

"Yeah." He winked at me and I tried really hard to suppress my laughter.

"You have to try harder than that, romeo." I told him, giving him room to talk to his sister because he was failing terribly at flirting.

"Bye, spider-monkey." He ruffled his sister's hair.

"Bye, asshole." Ciara said to her brother and then he left.

"You're brother's weird." I told her.

"I know. What's your first class, again?" Ciara asked, dragging me around.

The school is large.

"Chemistry." I told her.

"Also my first class." She stated.

"Coincidence?" I said and she shook her head.

"I doubt that." She took my class schedule and gave it back when she was done studying it.

She smirked. "Same schedule for the whole semester. Yes!"

"Great. Yay. Let's go. I hate being late." I told her, dragging her with me.

"Alright. But caution, Mrs Smith is the most talkative teacher in the whole school yet her class is the most boring." She explained.

Great!

"I'm sure she can't be more of a talkative than you." I teased trying to hold in my laughter.

I'm sure she's about to kill me in

3

2

.............

"You're dead." She glared playfully at me and I bursted into a fit of laughter.

Before I can regain composure and make a run for it she pounced on me, I fell on the ground with Ciara hovering on top of me as I tried to fight her off.

Thank God, the hallway was deserted.

"I don't even want to know." I heard my brother's voice and I looked up to find him hovering over me.

"Ah, there you are." I stood up from the floor and dusted my self, so did Ciara.

"You deserted me." I accused, glaring at him.

"Now look at you with a new friend by your side." He retorted with a mocking smile.

"I'm Ali, by the way." He said to her, flashing her that charming smile of his.

"Don't even try to flirt with her." I said, rolling my eyes at my brother's antics.

"Ciara." She answered him with a small smile.

Oh, for the love of God.

"Can we please get to class now?" I asked no one in particular.

"Yes, let's do that." My brother chipped in and I spared him a look.

"I wasn't talking to you. And we don't have the same classe, anyways." I told him, trying to walk past him.

But he waved his schedule right in front of my face with a sweet smile and said "That's not what my schedule says."

Oh lord, help me.

Ciara chuckled. "Let's go."

How am I supposed to handle having same classes with my brother for half a year?

There's got to be some mistake.

We arrived at the class with a minute to spare. Ciara found us a spot in the middle while my brother chose to sit on the far back of the class.

Typical Ali, always acting like a bad boy when he's truly just an observant nerd.

Why am I in the same class as my brother at the age of 16, almost 17?

Well, I can't remember.

But here am I, in my final year of my high school, with top grades.

I'm a nerd. Proudly.

"Hey." Ciara snapped her finger infront of me and I turned to her.

"She's here. New students always have to introducethemselves to the class." She explained and I groaned.

"Please, no."

" Unfortunately yes, so go before you get on her bad side." Ciara says before looking towards the old lady.

She looks like she is in her late 40's. She has tan skin, short I think between 5'2 and 5'3, black hair which has now started to turn gray and....

"I don't have all day here." She looked at Ali and I, and I sighed.

I started first, so I could get back to my seat.

"Hi, I'm Kara. Nice to meet you." I introduced and looked at my brother.

"Ali." He said simply, with a lazy smile plastered on his face. I was sure most of the girls in the class were already fawning over him.

We walked back to our respective seats and listened to the most boring lesson ever in the history of boredom.

Ciara was right.