3

KARA

The annoying sound that was coming from my alarm clock woke me up from my deep slumber with an urge to throw it against the wall.

I got up from my comfortable bed and walked to my bathroom, brush my teeth and did my wudhu. I walked out and placed my praying rug then prayed my morning prayer before going back to the bathroom to take my last good bath in my home.

I wore a white jeans trousers, a white shirt, a baby pink hijab and my white chunky boots that I picked out the previous night to avoid rummaging through my already packed boxes.

I went to Ali's room to wake him up because I know my brother. But, I found him up and sweating.

"Why the fuck are you sweating so much?" I asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Well good morning to you too." He rolled his eyes at me as he tossed his drenched shirt in a box.

"Still on my previous question, why are you sweating so much?" I asked again, leaning on the door frame.

"Workout routine. Couldn't sleep." He stated and I straightened up, a little worried.

"You okay?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied.

I asked again, "Sure?"

"Yesss, now leave me so I can take my bath." He shooed me out.

"Alright, alright. I'm going."

I went to the kitchen with a cheery, "Good morning, mommyyy."

"Good morning, my darling. You're happy this morning." My mom pointed and I chuckled, taking the bottle of orange juice from the fridge and puring some for myself in a plastic cup.

"Woke up feeling gloomy actually. I don't know why I'm happy now." I told her truthfully, taking huge gulps of my juice.

I was starving.

There was a comfortable silence until I couldn't take it anymore.

"When will breakfast be ready?" I asked and she shook her head and accompanied it with a short laugh.

___

"Hurry up, Kids." Dad yelled while he pulled the last of our boxes out the front door.

"Right behind you dad." I yelled back.

After looking at what used to be my room one last time with a deep exhale, I dragged my feet down the stairs to join the rest.

"You good?" My brother asked, pulling me into a side embrace by his shoulder.

"I guess. Thank you." I replied, hugging him back and he kissed the top of my head. 

"Always here for you." He whispered to me before we exited our home with heavy hearts.

___

The moment our plane reached the sky, I started feeling drowsy.

Do not sleep Kara, it's just a 2 hour flight.

"You look like a drunk fool trying to stay awake. Just sleep, idiot." Ali mocked.

I didn't have the strength to argue so I poked my tongue at him and got comfortable in my seat, ready to sleep.

"Wake up." I heard my brother's voice but I just turned.

"Just let me sleep for a while." I mumbled.

"If you do not wake up this instant-"

"I'm up." My eyes shot open instantly at my mom's threat.

That woman can commit anything.

"Good for you." She said while buckling her seat belt. I did mine too and watched through through window as the airplane landed.