10

KARA

I helped Ciara with the dishes and joined the guys while Ciara told me she'd be back.

I was just a spectator to their soccer match as scott scored Ali more times than I could count.

Then he was loosing to Asad, but I was sure that was intentional.

"You just beat me." Scott feigned shock when the match was over and I suppressed my laughter.

He's horrible at pretending.

"I might be a kid but I'm not dumb, Scott. You let me win." Asad told him with a snicker and Scott ruffled his hair.

"Ain't you smart for your age. I like you." He said, sitting on a chair while I got up to leave.

"You ain't playing?" He asked me and I turned to him and shook my head.

"Why?"

"Just not in the mood." I replied and left the game room, going downstairs to meet Ciara in a deep conversation on the phone while her mom entertained my parents.

Not wanting to interrupt any of them, I sneaked out the front door to take a walk in the neighbourhood. It was dark with only the streetlights illuminating lights around.

I raised my head up and looked at the stars as I walked on the side walk.

Someone bumped into me hard and sent me buttocks first to the floor.

"Fuck." I muttered, hitting myself hard on the side walk.

"I'm starting to get the feeling you're stalking me." The person spoke and I raised my head up to see who it was but the street light above him casted a shadow over his face.

"You wish." I tried to get up from the floor and the person lent me his hand but I didn't take it.

I got up on my own and dusted myself, cursing the person under my breath.

"Who are you?" He asked me and when I got a better look at the person, I noticed the same brown and blue eyes again.

"You! You hit me on purpose, right?" I asked, pointing an accusing finger at him.

He looked at me like I'd grown two horns.

"Why the fuck would you think that? You bumped into me. Not the other way round." He retorted, expressing himself with his hands.

"I know you did this." I muttered, walking past him.

I won't let this guy ruin my walk.

"You didn't answer my question?" I heard his footstep following closely behind.

"Stop following me." I told him sternly and he chuckled.

"Using a serious voice won't make everyone do whatever you command." He retorted and I groaned.

"Who are you? Are you new here?" He bombarded and I sighed and stopped in my tracks, turning around to face him.

"What is your problem with me?" I asked him, crossing my arms and looking at him in the eye.

"You have a slight British accent. You from UK?" He asked and I sighed, frustrated.

"Yeah, by nationality. Spent most of my years there as well." I didn't even know why I answered him.

He nod, "Then you moved here?" He asked.

"No. Moved to Canada, then here. Why does it matter to you?" I asked before continued walking again, with him now walking beside me.

He's not letting it go, is he?

"You're an obstinate person, aren't you?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"Most Italians are." He answered and I looked at him.

"You're Italian?" I asked and he nod his head.

"Hm. But I spent most of my years here. That's why I keep asking who you are because I've never seen you." He responded, looking ahead of us, so did I.

"I'm new here." I told him but refused to tell him my name.

"You won't tell me your name then?" He asked with a laugh and I pursed my lips.

"Not a chance."

"Fine then, I won't tell you mine." He added.

"Good." I said.

"Good." He repeated and then we both just walked around the neighbourhood in silence.

We were on our way back to where we met when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and it was a call from my mother.

I answered. "Yes, mom?"

"Where are you? Are you alright? Did you get lost? Are you alright?" She asked without taking a breath, sounding concerned.

I smiled, "I'm fine, mom. I just went out for a walk." I answered her.

"I'm just a block away. I'll be right back." I assured her and I heard her sigh in relieve.

"Come back as soon as possible."

"Will do." I disconnected the call and tucked the phone back into my pocket, exhaling deeply.

"Well, this was nice. Thanks for the walk, new kid." The guy said with a smile and I nodded at him.

"Yeah, it was. Good bye, stranger." I waved at him and he walked in the opposite direction while I turned and walked to the William house.

The moment I entered, my mother, father and brother started with the questioning.

"I'm fine. I told you, I just went for a walk around the neighbourhood." Then bumped into a mysterious guy and also took a walk with him without disclosing my name to him.

But I kept that part to myself not wanting them to worry more than they already do.

"Never do that again. You get me?" My brother warned and I nod my head at him.

He pulled me in a hug and I smiled.

"I'm fine. I promise." I whispered to him so he'd worry less.

"I think it's time we retired back home." My mom announced and we bid the William family goodbye.

The moment we reached home, I wasted no time in going to my room..

I showered and changed into my PJ's, tying my hair in a loose bun so my hair won't choke me in my sleep.

Then I slipped into my bed and dozed off from the day's accumulated exhaustion.