4

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I threw my pillow at the alarm clock and it still beeped.

"One of these days, I'm gonna murder you." I directed my threat to the alarm clock before turning it off and dragging myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I performed my wudhu and went ahead to pray my morning prayer.

After that, I went back to the bathroom and took a nice, relaxing shower. Walking into my new closet, I contemplated on what to wear for a while before settling on wearing a black Cargo jeans, a baggy graphic Tee and pulled on a pair of black sleeves.

I picked out a pair of black ankle boots and wore it, tying a matching scarf around my head.

I went down the stairs with only my phone in hand and almost got lost on my way to the kitchen where I met my family all already seated for breakfast.

"Good morning." I chirped with a happy smile, taking a seat on one of the bar stools.

"Morning." My parents answered simultaneously, looking at themselves before turning their gaze to me.

"What?" I asked them and they continued what they were doing.

"What?" I asked again and my brother nudged my sides.

"You've never been a happy person in the morning." Ali stated with furrowed eyebrows.

"She's always so grumpy in the mornings." Asad added, chewing on his food and I gave them both a look.

"Well new environment brings about new habit." I told them, digging in my food.

Ali snickered, "only if that were true."

I glared at him.

Hard.

___

I arrived at school in less than 10 minutes, parking next to Ali's.

He won.

Bummed I lost, I didn’t even bother to take in the school. Just dragged my feet to the big doors and walked in.

Walking in the hallway feeling like a lost puppy, I felt all kinds of weird as the students whispered and looked my way.

But I was never one to care about such things so I went about my way trying to locate the principal's office.

I breathed in, looking around for Ali but when I knew I wasn't finding him any time soon, I proceeded to just walk around and read door names until I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I told the girl. She was about to burst but when she looked up at me, she smiled apologetically.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I'm such a klutz." She apologised, going down to pick her phone.

"I should be the one to apologize. I didn’t break your phone, did I?" I asked her once she got up.

She was very pretty with clear skin, blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. And she looked to be around my age as well.