HHSFH 12

"Woah wait, so that's the reason? Why you suddenly left your home and never came back?"

I was speechless by what Jong Suk said.

He arrived here yesterday and he was staying at this hotel trying to avoid people and reporters. As soon as he landed he immediately called me to meet up.

"It's very common you know, specially in the business world." I stared at his face and I can see how helpless he looks.

"Why don't you just say no, I mean it's kind of your life and you're capable of making your own decisions." I said trying to lighten his mood.

"It's not easy to say no to my family, particularly my father. He controls my life and I hate it."

"But this is marriage! It's not something that can be decided by other people. That's just messed up."

"I know" He sighed and smiled sadly

"걱정마! (Don't worry!) Maybe he'll get tired of forcing me to marry someone I barely even know. I'm just gonna stay away from home until that happens." He laughed but I can still see his sadness

Jong Suk avoided the topic for the whole day. He begged me to tour him around my hometown so that's what we did.

By the time we said our goodbyes, I was still bothered by what he said earlier. His father was forcing him to marry someone for the sake of business! I've always heard about arranged marriage on dramas, but I never thought it would actually happen to someone I know.

Just the thought of it makes me sad, he should be able to fight for what he wants. He's a grown man! This is very frustrating.

I checked my phone when I saw someone messaged me

Jongsuk: Thank you for today :-) good night, sweet dreams!

This made me even sadder!

What if he fails to avoid his father's command? What if he gets tired of running away? What if, what if..

Ugh! I hate this!