HHSFH 9

I closed my eyes the moment I felt the wind on my face. When I opened them, the casket of my father greeted me. My eyes were very tired from all the crying that I did.

I walked away because I can't bear to see them burying my father, the one man I have always looked up to. Everything happened so fast, I still cannot wrap my head around everything that has happened.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and when I turned around it was my little brother. I quickly hugged him and told him how sorry I was. I should have never left home. I was so selfish, I was too afraid to face my problem.

"It's okay" he whispered

After the funeral, we went straight home and I started to unpack my things. Now that my father is gone I need to stay with my family, I won't leave them again.

I ran away because I was afraid to see my family fall apart. My parents were a mess, they would fight every night about petty things and my mother wanted to leave my father. Growing up, I never imagined my family to be like this. We were so perfect, we were happy and it felt like I was the luckiest person. I was too naïve and I made a reckless decision.

I didn't realize I was already crying when I felt my mom behind me. She smiled at me even though her eyes are still swollen from crying.

"I missed you sweetie." She said and hugged me

I sobbed and hugged her back

"I'm sorry mom I shouldn't have left. I was so stupid and selfish"

"No it's okay, hush now my darling, now that you are here everything's okay"

My mother and I spent the night talking about what I missed when I was away and for a moment it felt like nothing's wrong, like everything seems normal and my dad is not gone. When we finally said our goodnights, I saw my phone lit up, it was a new notification. I opened it and immediately felt guilty when I read the message.

Jongsuk: "Where are you? Why are you not replying? Are you ok? Please call me T_T "