[𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛] (8) ✔︎

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

IT WAS THE NEXT MORNING, both vampires exhausted after their countless sexual activities together. Damon was laying on his back, his abs on full display as soft breaths left his lips. At one point in the night, Cassandra had ended up laying in his arms, both unaware at the time but immediately pulled away from each other to sleep at opposite ends of the bed. It was too touchy feely for them, cuddling when they felt nothing for the other.

Cassandra had her head buried in the pillow beneath her, practically hugging it as she sprawled in a position that left nothing to the imagination. For once, they were both peaceful, no sassy comments, no anger building in her, no backstabbing, they were simply sleeping next to each other.

That was until Damon's phone started to ring. Cassandra let's out a loud groan, being woken from her slumber. Not feeling any movement happening on the other side of the bed, Cassandra blindly searches for the man's phone. Her vision still trying to adjust to the light. Feeling it in her hand, she rolls over to wave it in Damon's face only to have him whack her hand away. Damon lets out a disgruntled noise as he wraps his arms around the girls body, seemingly still in a sleeping state. Cassandra only huffs as he rests his head in the crook of her neck, his breath hitting her skin as soft snores fill her ears. His hands were gripping her skin as he had a tight hold around her.

Cassandra let him be as she pressed answer on his phone, knowing whoever was calling wasn't going to give up. "Damon's phone." Cassandra says in a tired voice, trying to stop the yawn that she could feel coming on. It was silent on the other end of the phone for a minute and she was almost certain that someone had gotten the wrong number.

"Cassandra? Where's Damon?" Stefan asks in a confused tone as he was surprised to hear someone else's voice instead of his brothers. Damon had disappeared to take care of Katherine but never returned home afterwards. Stefan just assumed he was taking pride in finally defeating Katherine.

Truthfully he was spending his night wrapped up in the sheets with Cassandra. Both ignoring the phone calls they each got as they were too busy pleasuring each other to notice they were needed elsewhere.

"Right next to me." She replies with a giggle as she glances down at the man who had fallen back asleep. Damon wanted a couple more minutes of peace before his brother ruined it. Cassandra sighs, slightly smiling at the boys innocent expression. He seemed so relaxed and cute when he was asleep. Like all of his wrong doings and problems went away. Damons mouth was parted slightly as he snuggles up to her body even closer. Cassandra could feel his morning wood poking at her but let him move closer anyways, she had a feeling he was just looking for comfort. I mean, the love of his life did turn out to be a bitch who didn't love him and was alive for the whole century that he had waited for her. She allows her fingers to brush through his hair, a small smile still featured on her face.