[𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑙] (7) ✔︎

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

KATHERINE AND CASSANDRA WALK INTO THE BED AND BREAKFAST, the Petrova had decided to go to the upcoming masquerade ball and was forcing Cassandra to come along. Saying Cassandra was less than pleased would be the understatement of the century. She sighs as she flops down onto the couch, her head hitting the softness of the pillow.

Katherine rolls her eyes playfully at the girl before turning to glance at the woman carrying their bags. She was the owner of the bed and breakfast that she was residing in. "Where should I put these?" The woman asks with a polite smile on her face. Katherine smiles back at her before pointing to another loveseat that Cassandra was sprawled across.

"Right there. Thank you, Miss Flowers. You've been such a wonderful help." Katherine tells the kind woman who nods her head before backing up, heading towards the door that they came through.

"My pleasure dear. Let me know if there is anything else I can do." Mrs flowers states with a smile as her hand moves to reach for the door handle. Katherine nods her head, glancing over at Cassandra who had closed her eyes.

"I will." Katherine replies before Mrs Flower's leaves, closing the door behind her leaving the two vampires alone. Cassandra let's out a loud groan as she lifts her head from the soft pillow beneath her.

"Do we really have to go to this stupid dance?" She asks the girl who only laughs, smiling at the girls clear scowl. Katherine walks over to the girl, pulling her up off of the couch in which resulted in almost getting whacked by Cassandra.

"Cheer up, Cassie. You get to dress up all sexy for your rendezvous with Elijah." Katherine teases with a smirk before turning to the bags they had full of their stuff. Cassandra only frowns at the mention of the original, remembering back to their previous conversation where she basically told him to screw off.

"There is no more rendezvous." Cassandra admits make Katherine snap her head towards her, obviously shocked by the news she was just told. Elijah would not give up on her that easily. "I told him to leave me alone because he was being stubborn and mean." She explains with a sigh as Katherine almost hits her forehead with her palm. How could she be so transparent? Elijah was so obvious about it, it honestly shocked Katherine how he hadn't just blurted it out already.

"Are you actually that dumb you don't see it?" Katherine questions with her eyebrows raised, not understanding how the girl could possibly go five centuries without seeing Elijah's undying love for her.

Cassandra had always seen Elijah as a close friend, especially when she was with Klaus. She didn't understand Katherine's innuendos about him since they never had anything other than a physical relationship.