[𝑎 𝑝𝑠𝑦𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑐 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘] (4) ✔︎

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

HEELS CLICK AGAINST THE FLOORS OF THE GILBERT HOUSEHOLD, the sound catching the attention of the doppleganger inside. Cassandra had gotten an invite to a barbecue from Elena and decided to see why she wanted her to come over. Cassandra knew it had to be to get something out of her, or to cause a distraction but she honestly didn't care at the moment. "Why am I here?" Cassandra asks as she sees the brunette standing in her kitchen. Elena turns her head at the sound of the girls voice, a polite smile on her face.

"Well, you're Mason's girlfriend so I just assumed.." Elena says as she trails off watching as the vampire took the chip bag out of her hands. Cassandra sighs as she playfully pouts at Elena.

"Ugh, fine. Who else is invited to this dumb thing?" Cassandra asks as she huffs, grabbing a couple of chips from the bag before giving it back to Elena.

"It isn't dumb." She denies with a laugh as she leans against her kitchen counter. Cassandra raises her eyebrows at her, not seeing how the girl found these types of things fun.

"They were boring back in the 1200's and they are boring now." Cassandra groans as she tries to find the alcohol in their kitchen. Elena only raises an eyebrow as she continues to pour chips into a bowl.

"Well, I wouldn't know that." She teases with a giggle actually getting a laugh from the raven haired girl. Cassandra shrugs, smiling at the doppleganger. "You haven't told me about your past much. Or how you know Katherine?" Elena points out, stopping what she was doing to turn to the girl. Cassandra stares at her for a minute, wondering why she had asked about Katherine but she only shakes her head.

"In due time, Elena." She says with a sigh, willing to tell Elena when she was ready to finally come clean to her and the Salvatore's. Elena nods her head with a small smile, feeling victorious that she was even gonna get to hear about it. Cassandra's expression changes to a happy one when she sees Jenna walk into the kitchen. "Jenna! It's great to see you again." Cassandra smiles as Jenna pulls her in for a hug. Before the woman could pull away, Cassandra grabs her arm. "Sober, this time." She whispers into the girls ear making Jenna slap her arm, glancing at Elena who tried to pretend she didn't hear but the evident smile on her face gave it away.

"Shh, I thought we were keeping that night a secret." Jenna scolds playfully but she can't help the laugh that escapes her lips as she thinks about the other week when Cassandra and her had gotten wasted together. Jenna liked Cassandra and was happy when she came around to the house.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline, she could use a day of distraction." Elena says to Jenna who nods her head but gives Elena a stern expression.