CHAPTER 24: EVERYTHING'S OKAY

IAN
I finally got out of Mike's room after promising that I don't have any worms twenty times. That guy was fucking crazy but he explained everything that I had been a nervous wreck about for weeks and more. I hadn't even noticed Ms Lynn's book was gone and I didn't have the slightest clue that Draven was being a sweetheart trying to protect me, not a selfish dick playing around with my feelings.

In his quest of attempting not to hurt me, he might've hurt me even more, but I would let it slide because fuck I wanted him so badly and now I had a valid reason why it wouldn't be totally crazy to be with him. It would still be insane, just slightly less. I'd take it.

I was dripping with excitement to see him again and make things right between us so that we could be together. I hadn't seen him since the incident with Xavier but the moment I did I'd go berserk.

"Faster!" Jake screamed as Nick pushed him back and forth on the swing. I suppressed a laugh when Miles started cackling, thinking it was the funniest thing in the world.

"You're so immature," I chuckled.

"Says the dude laughing."

"Harder!" Jake screamed even louder and the two of us couldn't help but burst into laughter.

Nick put his hands up in surrender. "I'm not pushing you anymore."

"Take a joke man!" he whined, kicking his feet to try to swing higher but failing.

"I can take a joke. What I can't take is your annoying moaning in my ear."

Jake wiggled his way out of the swing and came to sit down at the picnic table the rest of us were at. "Is there a slur for straight people?" He narrowed his eyes, "because you're a reverse faggot."

"You're the king of comedy." Nick faked amusement, "we have a true comedian right here!"

"Tell us a joke!" Miles demanded.

Jake didn't hesitate, "Ian's in love with Xavier."

Nick and Miles snickered as my cheeks heated up, "I was the only one not bullying you!"

He shrugged, "it was too easy."

"At least I'm not in love with a certain jesus-lookalike straight boy," I joked.

But then it went silent and I realized it wasn't a joke.

"Yo, what?" Miles spluttered and gawked at a furiously blushing Jake who looked ready to kill me.

All the blood drained from my face when I realized I had just accidentally completely revealed his crush to everyone.

"Jake..." Nick sat there with parted lips and a perplexed look. "Do you really have feelings for me?

"No!" he shouted, face red with embarrassment and rage.

"I'm so sorry Jake—"

I was cut off when the tiny boy lunged at me with the intent to kill. The two of us toppled off the picnic table and onto the grass with a thud as he clawed at me like a pissed off kitten.

"Another girl fight!"

Nick and Miles tried to interfere to stop us but the crowd that formed was blocking them out as they cheered with beady eyes.

"Jake, I didn't know!" I reasoned but it didn't matter because he was determined for blood.

I flipped the two of us over and easily pinned his dainty wrists above his head. "Fuck you!" he spat, squirming underneath me before kneeing me in the balls.