CHAPTER 17: UNSTOPPABLE

DRAVEN
I needed something bigger than an orange to sedate me this time. Because this time I was blinded with pure rage and all I could see was red. I needed to break something. I craved for it to be that asshole's bones but I couldn't. Not in front of Ian. I didn't want him to think I was more of a monster than he already did. Though I understood why he felt that way.

I sort of am.

I went on a rampage down the hallway, fingers itching to crack bones. To shatter something. To kill someone and pretend it was the man kissing Ian.

My Ian. He's mine. People can't touch what's mine.

Of all things, I hadn't considered Ian moving on from me and liking someone else. Does he not like me as much as I like him? Am I not attractive enough? What does that piece of shit have that I don't?

Maybe it was the fact I kept pushing him away. That could definitely have something to do with it. But I wouldn't admit that. I couldn't have anything else be my fault. I had broken enough people, in more ways than one.

It took everything in me, every ounce of self-control I didn't possess to not rip the guy's spine out of his back and use it to whip him afterward. I wanted to sprint back to that stupid room and tear his throat out. I wouldn't snap his neck, I wouldn't give him that fucking privilege. I would break him down, limb by limb, and force him to watch as I claimed Ian for myself.

Yeah. I am a monster.

I couldn't restrain myself anymore as I grabbed the nearest person and chucked him across the room like a football.

He cried out in pain when he swirled through the air, looking like a frisbee and slamming into the wall with a loud whack. People around us screamed but I didn't give a damn, determined to release my anger.

I bounded after him, grabbing his shirt and forcing him up. I raised my fist, stopping mid-air when I saw his terrified, whimpering face. He was tiny but shorter than Ian and slightly plumper. His hair was blonde but his eyes were a shade of green blurry with tears. They weren't nearly as dazzling and captivating as Ian's, but the slight similarity had me dropping him to the floor and turning around.

He made me fucking soft.

"Move!" I barked at anyone who was in my way. I reached a door in the restricted area and pushed for the exit to open, growling when it was locked.

I banged my fist against it which left a prominent dent but not enough to open it. So I slammed my foot into it instead until it flew open at the harsh impact. My fists were bloody, raw, and bleeding from all the people I taught (well deserved) lessons to. I never bothered to fix it or spare it more than a glance. The burn was nice.

When I made my way outside thankfully no one else was out. I scanned the area before deciding on destroying one of the trees. It was easy enough to pretend it was that guy instead.

I spent hours out there, panting and grunting as I pictured the smug look on his face as he kissed Ian, my hits just getting harder with each one. I didn't get tired. I don't get tired. I would always fight for Ian.

Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

I whipped around with a snarl when I heard footsteps approaching me from behind. It was a woman. The woman who interrupted Ian and I. I didn't like her. I wanted to claim Ian and she ruined it.

"Jesus Christ!" she gasped as she looked at the damage I had done. I started with the biggest tree but it wasn't enough so I knocked down a dozen others. I wasn't done but the bitch had a knack for interrupting people. I turned around and kept going.

"I brought you some bandages and wipes to help your broken knuckles," she placed the kit on the ground and slid it toward me with her foot while taking a cautious step away from me as if I was a wild bear who'd attack her at any second.

And I would. But Ian seemed to like her and I had more trees. So I spared her.

"He told me not to tell you, but Ian asked me to bring it out for you."

I paused and glanced between her and the box she brought out. I didn't want shit from her, but if it was from Ian...

"Why." I narrowed my eyes at her. Was that a lie just to get me to use it? Ian would jump at any chance he had to talk to me. It made my stomach feel weird just thinking about it but I refused to smile in front of her.

"Why what?" the woman asked nervously.

"Where is Ian."

She gulped, "he's inside."

If he was inside then why didn't he come out? Did he stop caring? That had been my goal but now that it was actually happening I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

"Why did he send you," I demanded which made her flinch.

"I didn't ask questions." Her voice was nervous. I liked that.

I bent down and picked the item up like it was a dirty diaper, holding it inches away from me and examining it. Unless I was sure it was from Ian I didn't want it. I don't need anyone's pity or charity work. So I tossed it back at her and she jumped out of the way with wide eyes.

I didn't say anything else, pounding my fists into the bark relentlessly again. I still felt her presence behind me. If she didn't leave I would kill her.

The aftermath of hurting people made me uneasy because of Ian's wide, terrified eyes were all I could think about. And how he didn't like me killing people. I still didn't understand why. But he didn't like it nonetheless so it still bothered me. Though while I was beating down on someone's skull I loved the powerful feeling. It was just after that I hated it.

All because of fucking Ian and his pretty eyes and soft lips and fat ass and cute—

I felt the anger die down, the sizzling coming to an abrupt halt as I almost smiled thinking about him. But the annoying woman still hadn't left. I began to glare at her and whatever she was going to say disappeared as she ran back inside.

She left the kit on the ground and I considered taking it again. Ian's adorable face put me at peace, more peace than I've felt in a long time. Feeling so relaxed made me start to notice the ache in my knuckles again. Normally I wouldn't give a shit but if that guy who kissed Ian dared to piss me off again then I would murder him.

I could kill him in my sleep with two broken arms but I wanted to be at my best, so I reluctantly picked it up, sliding it under my arm.

It started pouring rain and I groaned as it soaked my entire body immediately. I didn't want to face Ian but getting sick was a weakness that I wasn't willing to have. I trudged through the doors, leaving a puddled path of water after me as I made my way back to my room.

I didn't see Ian hiding behind the counter like he usually did when he left snacks by my room, thinking I couldn't see him. It was cute so I humored him.

But he wasn't there and there wasn't anything in front of my door. I frowned, thinking he might not have come back from the cafeteria yet but it was much later than when he always did.

Did he really stop caring, just like that?

The thought made my heart hurt but I couldn't choke down the unpleasant feeling like I could with most emotions, on the rare occasion I felt anything at all. Ian was different though. I despised the weird, swirly feeling in my gut he gave me and the dagger that shoved through my heart when it was confirmed he wasn't going to show up.

I felt a little angry again but thinking about Ian's pretty face helped calm the storm building up again. Barging into my room, I paused in place when I saw the asshole sleeping in what was supposed to be Ian's bed. He had some of his items scattered about and his body was spread out across the bed, snoring softly.

All of the anger ignited again like a flame to gasoline. And this time not even Ian's beautiful, mesmerizing eyes couldn't stop me. Nothing could.