CHAPTER 23: LIGHTSABER

IAN
"I can't believe that happened," Miles shook his head as if he were trying to knock some sense back into himself. "Xavier was all like, 'roar don't talk to Ian anymore or I'll hit you' and then Draven was like, 'bitch I'll rip out your throat, crush every bone in your body and murder everyone you love if you even breathe in his presence' and just... shit man."

"You're making my headache worse." I rubbed my eyes, shifting around to lay on my side. After I fainted I guess I hit my head pretty hard and got taken to the nurse. Xavier was probably sent to either a morgue or emergency room. I was too scared to ask.

"I swear life is crazy here." He ignored me and kept ranting, "you have two sexy ass men after your heart and I can't get one."

"We can trade lives if you want," I offered.

He smacked my arm. "You've got no clue how lucky you are, Ian!"

I smacked him back ten times harder. "Lucky to be in between a horrifying machine who's killed dozens of innocent— well, mildly innocent people and another guy who's so sweet that he can't even notice I don't have feelings for him? A guy who's heart I'm going to crush? A guy who's probably buried in a graveyard right now because he was selflessly trying to protect me and I don't even like him?"

"Exactly." Miles nodded, "now you're getting my point."

I groaned and buried myself in the nurse's bed I was laying on. It was still incredibly uncomfortable but felt luxurious compared to the practically bricks we were used to sleeping on.

I peeked up at Miles hesitantly who was sitting in the chair beside me before giving in, "what happened to Draven and Xavier?"

"When you passed out Draven let go of Xavier to check if you were alright," he began. "An ambulance came for Xavier, I swear those paramedics practically live in this place because of him, and Draven surprisingly didn't interfere because he was trying to get someone to make sure your head's okay." He wiggled his eyebrows at me suggestively when I blushed.

I had a headache and a small scrape on my forehead but it was nothing important. The headache was probably more from my thoughts running wild than the impact honestly. I was worried about the two of them. It'd be a shock if Xavier was still alive and Draven didn't get sent to prison by now. I was clueless on how he'd been kept here for so long anyway.

"What about Draven? Where is he?" I questioned more eagerly than I intended.

"I'm not sure. After he got one of the paramedics to take a look at you, they brought you here and I followed so I'm not sure what he did after we left."

I tried to hide my disappointment and the worry biting my skin. I knew Draven and I would never work out but I couldn't help the desire to be around him, making sure he was okay.

There was a knock on the door and I held my breath, hoping it was Draven, but it was just the nurse and I frowned.

"It's time for dinner. Miles, you should go to the cafeteria but I need to get Ian back to his room to get some rest," she explained sweetly but Miles groaned.

"Shouldn't someone stay with him to make sure he's okay? What if his brain started bleeding after he fell and we just haven't noticed yet? What if he has a brain hemorrhage and it was your fault?"

She sighed at his pushiness, "another boy offered to watch him. Ian's bed is broken and the boy has two perfectly fine ones in his."

Miles and I turned to look at each other with wide eyes.

Draven.

"I'm perfectly fine to go rest without you, Mi." I hid the excited smile that wanted to spread across my cheeks.