Book 1: Deliverance

This book will have three parts, and Book 1 is Complete. I am posting all of it here, and if it gets any kind of response, I will post book 2. I have been experimenting with my writing and this book is a little different. Please note that it uses historical references, but I intentionally rewrite history because, well, it is fiction and I can do that. : ) 

I hope you enjoy it. Please leave comments if you do! 

Description: 

Betty Parris is nearly twenty years old, and after surviving the Witch trial of 1692, she is living a typical puritan life. Of course, life in Salem has changed considerably. Shortly after her cousin Abigail accused John Proctor of being a witch, the town descended into chaos. The dead began walking and the beasts of hell have inherited the earth. She lives a simple life, trying to atone for the lies of her youth and serve God.

But Salem is ravaged by the British Armies, intent on destroying the puritans and beasts alike. Betty simply wants to find her father, the reverend her disappeared into the night searching for a cure for the dread disease, the devil's fever. On her way, she discovers she is being followed by the Man in Black and only one man knows how to fight him: The Beast Slayer.

Betty has to choose between following what she has ever known, a simple and chaste puritan life, or finding a new path that may bring love, justice, and retributions for the rights she has wronged. As the dead walk amongst the living, Betty has to decide what to do with her remaining breaths. Life is fleeting, and she must find deliverance.