Chapter 2

LAST EDITED: August 18, 2021

One week after the last chapter...

Jane POV:

"Mom!" I ran into the office that had 'the headmistress' placed on the door. "Have you found a cure yet?"

"No, I'm sorry dear it's not as easy as it looks-" She explained to me for the millionth time that week. She turned a page in her book and sipped her coffee. One cream, one sugar, extra caf. Yes, that's how many times I've had to take her coffee order.

"Mama! We can't be sitting here while Carlos is suffering..."

"I understand that-"

"No, you don't," I said a little too firmly. "Didn't you say you had a backup plan?"

"Well I did but-"

"-but what?"

She looked at me with an 'are you sure?' look and I nodded my head firmly. She was always so worried about me and I needed to take this matter into my own hands.

"We have to travel to a different realm... this could go very wrong but done properly and with the right people it should work!" My mom pulled a clear bean from a drawer and showed it to me. It was so shiny and metallic-like I knew it was magic.

"Wow..." I mumbled.

"Hurry let's go," she said pulling me out of the room. "We need to get this over with."

Carlos POV

Jane ran into my room looking disheveled and out of breath. 

"Carlos we might have a way to stop it!" she said huffing. Then there was Fairy Godmother bringing up the rear, coffee in hand. That woman never went anywhere without her morning coffee. One cream, one sugar, extra caf.

"Y-yes," Godmother gasped for air.

This was the best news I had heard all week, my hand hadn't stopped shaking and since my friends still had school I was pretty lonely.

"We have to travel to a different realm but I think it will work-" Fairy Godmother explained. She got interrupted by Mal, Evie, and Jay, walking in with my baloney sandwich from Tiana's place. 

Finally. I grabbed it from Jay's hands and started eating.

"That was a long run-" Jane collapsed on my beanbag chair, "-and a big flight of stairs."

"Don't look at me," Fairy Godmother sighed. "You are the one that was in such a hurry to reach your pretty boyfriend-"

A deep blush took over Jane's cheeks, "... did not,"

"Did too,"

"Ugh," Jay groaned. "What the hell? They put mustard on my taco!!"

"I swear, it's that blondie, they never used to mess up orders before she came. And she's always flirting with Doug!" Evie agreed.

"I think she's cool-"

"Just because she has a sick dragon tattoo, doesn't mean she's cool Mal," Jay took another bite of his taco before slowly spitting it into the garbage when Jane's mom turned away.

A memory suddenly popped into my mind.

"When we ethcape the isle," young Evie squealed, she had a hard time pronouncing her 's's because she had just lost a tooth. "I'm going to have the mosht beautiful dreths!"

I remembered this day, the day when the core four had become friends after years of tormenting each other.

"I'm gonna paint," Mal mused, looking up at the sky. You could see a purple haze that showed a barrier was still there. "If we ever get off that is-"

"I'm gonna have a taco," Jay said. "And a girlfriend that loves tacos as much as I will."

"How you know you will like the tacoz" Evie slurred.

"I just do,"

"What even are tacos?" my childish voice surprised me.

"Only mature, super cool, awesome people know what tacos are," Jay grunted. He still didn't like me much.

"You're telling me I'm not mature, super cool, or awesome!?!" Mal tackled him.

"What do you want if you ethcape Carloth?" Evie tried to speak.

"I don't know," I replied watching Mal and Jay's fight unfold. "Maybe love?"

At first, I thought at the time maybe love as in a motherly figure that actually loved me, but maybe not. Maybe I wanted a girlfriend like Jane, I just didn't have anything specific characteristics at the time like how much she would need to like tacos.

Not that either of us had said we loved the other. My asking her to the dance was more of a 'Hey your really pretty and I'm a dork that doesn't have a date yet.' Not that it was bad, Jay told me that chicks dig that. I just haven't actually told her how much I care.

"When I drop the bean we're all going to jump into the portal where it forms, got it?" I heard Godmother ask in the back of my mind.

She cleared her throat. "Carlos?"

"Mmm?" I was pushed away from my thoughts and stared at everyone standing in the middle of the room, Godmother's bean in her hand.

"Just jump in the portal..." She sighed.

"M'kay" I choked on my sandwich before standing up. Jane rolled her eyes at me as I walked over to stand with the group. I shrugged, desperately wishing I had time to go pick the pice of spinach out of my teeth.

Her mom dropped the bean and a giant white, blue, and purple swirl formed by her feet, I could tell Godmother was thinking about where she wanted to take us. She nodded at Mal who jumped in followed by Evie and Jay. I grabbed Jane's hand and ran into the portal.

We all screamed as the wind whistled around us, Jane held my arm tight as we plummeted to the ground.

Fairy Godmother POV

I watched as Carlos and Jane ran into the portal, I tried to follow but failed. The portal shot me back and closed with a snap, I had no way to get to them now. What were they going to do? They had no idea who to find, or talk to!  This was bad, really, really bad.

C'mon Carlos.

Thanks for reading!! I've edited this chapter about 5 times now and I'm so sorry if it annoys you but I need my book to be the best it can be, so being the perfectionist I am I will keep updating this book until the day I die, even though it's completed. XD

Anyway, one more thing, I'm about to come out with the first chapter of my new book (as of August 18th, 2021 that is, if you are reading this in the future.) Red Room Blues! It's a marvel/ black widow fanfiction, please go check it out! I'm super excited for it and let's just say the dramaaaa ✨

Love you all!

-Storm💜⚡