Chapter 11

Jane P.O.V:

"And that is how I saved Auradon and it's king! Again." Carlos smiled proudly.

"Umm, you forgetting something?" Evie asked, 

"Oh yeah, I did it again a year later when Audrey cast that spell-"

"You didn't do it alone though!" Mal said starting to sound slightly annoyed. "We did it, together."

"Woah, chill out guys give the man some credit!" Edwin chuckled swinging an arm around Carlos's shoulder. "It sounds like he was pretty awesome!"

"You know it brotato chip!" Carlos elbowed Edwin playfully.

"That used to be my nickname," Jay sighed quietly from beside me. 

We were all sitting in Emma's living room on her comfy grey couches waiting for Henry to call, he was supposed to be taking us to Hooks ship for a meeting and I really hope he found something. I get more anxious by the day hoping that the next one we'd be home. 

Suddenly the phone rang making Carlos jump from his seat, he walked over to the kitchen and quickly answered it.

"Mhmm... yup... Okay, see ya!" Carlos said. "Time to go my fine feathered friends!" 

I stood up and walked over to the door slipping my arm into my jacket before Mal cleared her throat and stood up to face Carlos. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Carlos... we love you like a brother and I hope you know that, but... you've just been acting strange lately and uhh-"

"Very strange." Jay continued more sternly. "Frankly I'm hurt that you could replace me with that mongrel-" he said looking to Edwin and back to Carlos."-and also I don't think we'll be joining you on your heroic mission today."

"What do you mean?" Carlos scoffed. "Henry said this could be the answer to my problem, Jane will be saved!"

"I mean maybe this time you can take all the credit for saving someone because you'll be doing it alone," Jay growled then he turned the doorknob and left with Mal following close behind him, Carlos looked at Evie and snapped.

"You leaving with them or what?" 

Evie glared at him and took a few steps forward before saying something in a tone I never thought Evie could use with Carlos. "As a matter of fact, I am Mr. De vill, I hope you have yourself a nice day..." She pushed him back slightly to give her room to walk out the door herself.

Carlos stared at the door and sighed. "Maybe I was too harsh... am I really being that rude?" he asked. I opened my mouth to answer but Edwin cut me off.

"No! You're doing just fine, if those losers can't see how great your handling things then you should be happy they left!" He joked. "And besides, you got me!"

"Yeah," Carlos agreed.

We walked out the door and into the cool brisk air, I walked quickly down the path not wanting to get caught in Carlos and Edwin's gossiping, (I swear to god sometimes they're worse than Audrey!)and strange jokes that I never found funny.

 Even though the wind was howling and I was several feet ahead of them I could still hear their obnoxious laughing from behind me. I couldn't keep my head from bouncing through everything that happened today, it went by painfully slow but I still found myself running around doing things in order to get back home as soon as possible. For example, Carlos decided that he was too stressed and needed to see a therapist, of course, he met one on the street that morning and went up to talk to him, I for one sat in the waiting room for what felt like an eternity.

~Flash back~

"Mam, could you please direct me to Dr. Hopper's office?" I asked the lady at the reception desk.

"Do ya have an appointment?" the old lady questioned in a tired crackly voice.

"Well no-"

"Then take a seat and I'll get you on the waiting list," she mumbled so quietly I could nearly hear her. I looked back and saw the crowd of people filling up almost every seat they had.

"Mam please, my boyfriend is up there and we actually must get going now!" I begged her.

"Take a seat or I'll have to kick you out," she growled. I sighed and walked over to the waiting room falling asleep in one of the only chairs left. I woke up 30 minutes later though to a small boy poking my face.

"Gabe, stop poking that poor girl!" a mother snapped, my eyes still closed from drowsiness.

"Why?" the small child asked.

"Because she sleeping!" the mother hissed.

"Why?"

"Because she's tired!" she cried. 

"Why?"

"Because I maybe didn't have a great sleep last night,"  I laughed my eyes finally open looking at the boy at my feet.

"I'm so sorry!" the mother sighed. 

"It's fine!" I chuckled. "Also, my boyfriend happens to be taking a very long time in his appointment so I decided to take a nap!"  I told the young boy. "and I hate reception ladies, that no one can control," I muttered to myself.

"Momma, what's a boyfriend?"  the boy asked.

"A boyfriend or girlfriend is someone that you love before your married to them!" she smiled sweetly at him.

"Why?" I laughed waved at the lady before walking over to Carlos who just stepped out of the elevator.

~Flash back~

That event I would never forget.

"Wait- wait, wait, wait! I got another one!" Edwin wheezed pulling me from my thoughts with Carlos still laughing beside him. "What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?"

"I don't know..."

"Same middle name,"

It was silent for a moment before laughter erupted from behind me once more. I continued walking, listening to their jokes as I went, even though some of them were funny, boy was I glad to reach Hook's ship and escape the madness.

"Jane! Carlos! Boy, I don't know!" Hook called. "Welcome back!"

Carlos chuckled and we all followed Captian Hook into the office. Henry sat on the desk with our 'Once Upon a Time' book open across his lap.

"Guys-" Henry exclaimed, looking up at us, "-I've got it!"

And boom. *mic drop* 

Finally, the chapter everyone has been begging me for is out! (Sorry it took so long lol) I actually have recently entered this book in two contests, @magne015306 's and @Auradon_Devils 's please go check the contest out, the more entries they have the better!

Later friends, love ya!

-Storm⚡💜