Chapter 13

Jane P.O.V:

The next few hours seemed to take forever, we were all bored out of our minds unsure of what would happen next. We could all tell that Carlos was thinking about the fact that that he would be fighting a villain any day now and wasn't that prepared for it.

My phone vibrated in my pocket making me jump. Mom.

"Oh. My. God." I whispered. "Carlos!"

"... Mhmm?"

"Is it possible that my mom could be calling us from a different realm?"

Falling off the couch in the process Carlos stumbled over to us as I answered the phone and put it on speaker. A moment later my mother's shrill voice answered.

"Hello? Jane, oh dear are you alright!?"

"I'm fine mom," I hushed her.

"I am too, thanks for asking!" Carlos smirked.

"Oh thank goodness!" My mother cried dodging Carlos's sarcastic remark. "Ben, yes, they're all right," We heard the phone being passed around before Ben was heard on the other end.

"Okay people, I don't have much time before this realm communication spell wears off so I need you to listen closely," He ranted. "Doug's tracked all the coordinates of your location and we found a way for you to get home! Find a docking site in the town go for a little swim and see if you can find a spare bean. There is an old legend that some mermaids lost one, hundreds of years ago and it could still possibly be found, so-"

"Of course!" I gasped remembering the night that Carlos almost drowned, running away from our first encounter with the black figures.

~Flashback~

I looked around franticly for Carlos but found him nowhere. Where was he? I suddenly realized he had never come up with me which meant he was still underwater. All the exhaustion left my body as fast as it came when I jumped back in to search for him. Of course, there he was just where we had jumped earlier, except now he was waving his arms franticly, face turning purple. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the surface. As I started to swim I couldn't help but notice a shimmering object on the ocean floor.

~End flashback~

"You know where to go? Perfect!" Ben stated. 'Good luck' was all I heard before static cut us off.

Carlos and I ran down to the docks where Hook's ship was docked, the great mass of a ship stood boldly beside a tiny rowboat bobbing in the waves.

"I think I'll just sit this one out..." Carlos chuckled. 

Diving into the crisp water I searched around for the bean and it was exactly where it was before. Intertwined with coral and seaweed was a clear bean that shimmered when the sunlight hit it. My lungs urging for air I swam back up to the surface bean in hand. To my surprise, Carlos wasn't the only one there when my face broke the surface. Edwin, Hook, and Henry were all there as well, concern on their faces.

"Have a nice swim?" Edwin smirked changing the previous mood of the group.

"Yes actually," I replied smiling, I un-balled my fist to reveal the small bean."I found a ticket home!" 

"Dope..." Edwin breathed almost careful about breathing too harshly on the shimmering object.

"Hey Jane, have you seen Emma?" Hook asked. "She won't answer her phone we're very worried an-"

"DAMN IT!" A familiar voice that suited Emma shouted... from the jail?

We ran to the sheriff's office to find Emma standing there, hands hanging between the bars. A boy about my age was just about to hop out the window, was fought by Hook in the blink of an eye and handcuffed to a chair. I noticed his black cloak, identical to the others we had seen before. Could we have caught one of them before the fight even begun?

"Hello boyo," Hook gruffed in his face. "I'm Captian James Killian Hook, you can call me Captian James Killian Hook and I'm wondering what the bloody hell you're doing messing around my town?"

"I swear-" he shuddered, "I don't even like these guys," he motioned to his cloak, " they suck-"

"Then you will kindly leave."

The boy ran out of the building and off into the distance, Hook got Emma out of her jail cell in the meantime. Her ankle was so swollen from apparently tripping as she ran away from the cloaked boy. 

The sun began to set as we all worked our way back to Emma's house, Edwin split off, claiming he needed to do something. And the rest of us drifted off to sleep.

Carlos P.O.V

I sat up in bed, someone had called my name. I knew it, but I was half asleep it took me a second to realize what had just happened. Jane. It must have been so close to the vision, and it all made sense now, I was asleep when it happened, too drowsy to get up. That was their perfect time to strike.

Hay bestayyssss! Probably only 2 more chapters left in this book, supper siked! Then I got another book to work on... *hints towards announcement last night and After D3 being completely redone in a creepy way* Oops- 

Love ya-

Storm ⚡💜