chapter 1.

it's 9:25 am on monday when seonghwa's alarm goes off. he was undoubtedly annoyed to have to wake up so early, but he had to deal with it— it was his daily routine after all. only today was special; seonghwa and his friends agreed to have one more outing before they started their next year in college (which started in 3 days). they knew once their classes started, it was likely that wouldn't have as much time for each other— so why not make the most of the free time remaining?

seonghwa groans as he violently turns his alarm off, and practically forces his body out of his bed. he noticed the empty spot next to where he had just sat, figuring his boyfriend, sungjoon, must've gotten up already. seonghwa sighs; their relationship has been a miserable reoccurring routine at this point. the two would argue throughout the day, and more often than not, the verbal disagreements would turn into physical fights— seonghwa's boyfriend always having the upper hand. after their fights, sungjoon would stomp out the front door, his next whereabouts completely unknown to seonghwa. he would then come home hours later, giving just enough time for the couple to bid goodnight to each other. seonghwa would then wake up to an empty bed, meaning sungjoon had gotten up for work without saying a single word to his lover. seonghwa was exhausted in every way possible from this routine, but he decided to keep quiet about it to his friends— his boyfriend managed to convince him that it was only a figment of his deep thoughts.

shaking his thoughts off, he gets ready for the meet-up with his friends, quickly showering and picking out a simple outfit. he decided to wear a simple light blue sweater with baggy grey jeans, more or less to hide the blemishes sungjoon painted on his body the day before. he tops the outfit off with a few grey necklaces and some white doc martens. he looked in the mirror one last time to ensure he looked neat and composed (spoiler alert: he looked amazing as always). seonghwa smiles, even though it was a simple outfit, he thought it looked nice on him. his freshly dyed blond hair tops off the look perfectly; it made him look soft and approachable.

as seonghwa locks his front door and begins his walk to the cafe yunho sent the address to in the group chat (which was located conveniently close to seonghwas shared apartment), he unlocks his phone to see his unread messages from the chat.

—————

🫡 gays #2

yunho🦫
are any of u otw here yet?? YOU'RE
ALL LATE 😢
sent 11:24 am

mingi🦔
I'M SORRY, I'LL BE A LITTLE LATE
😭 there was a cat on my front porch
and i had to make sure it was fed well
☹️
sent 11:28 am

yunho🦫
that's completely fine, take as much
time as you need bb, i can wait for
you 🥺
sent 11:28 am

yeosang🦀
OKAY STOP FLIRTING WITH EACH
OTHER, me and jongho are on our way
now! we'll be there soon, i promise 😒
sent 11:29 am

seonghwa🌻
i'm almost there yunho!! just wait a little longer pls 🫡🫡
sent 11:30 am

—————

seonghwa quickly closes his phone, but before he could look up, he's met with a hard surface.

he bumped into someone.

seonghwa's eyes immediately shoot up from the ground to see who he bumped into. much to his surprise, all he can do is stare in awe at the man in front of him; he was absolutely ethereal. the male had the most beautiful, shiny eyes seonghwa had looked into, as the prettiest face structure seonghwa had ever seen.

before he could internally drool over the man anymore, his thoughts are interrupted by an irritated voice.

"so.. are you going to just stand there? you look insanely creepy right now.... stop staring! and please, you're literally just standing in the middle of the sidewalk!" the annoyed man has his eyebrows furrowed and his teeth gritting, but seonghwa still thought he looked pretty. but he immediately came to his senses, responding to the said man, "i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to, i'm so sor—"

"you can save it."

after those words left the raven-haired's mouth, he immediately walked off and went on with his day. i wonder what his problem is... seonghwa wonders; but not for long. straight ahead, he sees yunho through the window of a cafe, seated with yeosang and jongho who seemed to have just arrived. with a bright smile, seonghwa walks through the cafe doors and straight to the table the trio was seated at. "how have you guys been? i missed you!"

hongjoong's pov

the day was going by overwhelmingly fast today. I woke up at 7 am, and it feels like it's been 11 am in 10 minutes. today wasn't a busy day, i had only planned to start packing my suitcases as i was moving back to the college dorms in a few days.

i had been packing all morning, so to take a break, i decided to take a walk for some fresh air. the weather this time of year was perfect, in my opinion; slightly chilly, yet still sunny with the perfect amount of clouds in the blue sky. i wore a black turtle neck and a plum purple trenchcoat with black skinny jeans, wanting to keep warm with the weather. with my hands in my pockets, i was admiring the tree-lined sidewalks and all the leaves scattered across the ground. this would be great for a photograph, i thought to myself. unfortunately, my thoughts are cut short when i felt a sudden impact on my chest. someone had just run into me! i was about to ask the man in front of me if he was okay, as his face showed a slight feeling of discomfort he looked up from the ground. when i was able to get a good look at his features, i couldn't believe it.

this man was stunning.

i panicked at that thought, not knowing why it was the first thing to come to mind. it led me to give an impulsive reaction to the cute male standing in front of me. "so.. are you going to just stand there? you look insanely creepy right now.... stop staring! and please, you're literally just standing in the middle of the sidewalk!" i raised my voice with an audibly irritated tone. i didn't intend for my words to come out that way, it made me feel bad for the other. the blonde looked slightly nervous, and he opened his mouth to say something. as he spoke, i couldn't help but think of how pretty his lips were. hongjoong, stop thinking these things! you sound weird! flushed from the thought, i interrupted his words randomly.

"i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to, i'm so sor—"

"you can save it."

that was all i was able to force out, and i quickly walked away out of panic.

why did i react that way?! he was being so kind...

that was the last thought i had before deciding to walk back to my house to continue packing. ironically, i couldn't get the blond male off of my mind for the rest of my day.

—————

HELLO ! i hope you enjoyed the first chapter of COSMOS ! comments and votes are appreciated !! 🫶🏼

– iya 🌼