Chapter 16

"Where's Brandy?" I asked storming into the house.

"Leave her alone Denim. She's sleeping." Julian says walking out of my office. "She was up all night crying. I think you might have fractured her rib cage."

I rolled my eyes walking up the stairs. "Take her to the fucking hospital. She's hurt."

He rolls his eyes. "I wonder why she's hurt Denim."

I walked into the room where Brandy laid peacefully. "I need to talk to you. Get up." I said pulling the blanket off of her. "I said get up Brandy. Quit being stupid."

She groans as she flutters her eyes opened. Struggling to sit up, I pull her up tired of how long she is taking. "Look at me." I say grabbing her jaw to face me.

"Denim stop being an asshole to her." Julian steps in moving my hand away. He helps her to lay back down, but enough so she can still look at me. "Be nicer."

I turned my head to him. "Leave the room. It's a private conversation between my fiancée and I."

He chuckles. "30 seconds." He says leaving the room.

"I need you to promise me something. Okay?" I said to her. She just looks at me slightly nodding her head. "You aren't going to say a word to anyone about what I do or the rest of the family. And you aren't going to speak to anyone that you don't know. You got that?"

She nods her head. Getting up from the bed, I leave the room. "She's all yours."

Brandy's POV

Right after Denim left Julian comes into the room. He looks at me without any expression on his face. "What did he want?"

"...nothing. He just said not to speak to-to anyone that I didn't know. I'm not s-sure what he means by it." I told him. I could feel the struggle in throat to even get words out. 

Julian crosses his arms leaving the room again. This time I couldn't sit up at all. 

Last night, I kept Julian awake because I couldn't stop crying. Everything hurt, I just wanted to go get some sort of medical attention. I begged and begged, but it was completely useless. Julian just kept telling me that if I go to the hospital they are going to want to know what happened. That he didn't want to risk anyone finding out that Denim beat the shit out of me and almost knocking me unconscious. 

Using whatever strength I had left in me, I reached over to grab my phone. Barely holding the phone up, I managed to call Christopher. "Brandy. What's going on? You okay?" He says picking up the call.

"...I-I need your help. Please." I say with heavy breaths. 

The tone in his voice changed. He was concerned. Terrified of what I might say next. "I can't move." I started to cry a little. "Ple-please take me to the hospital. I think-I think I might a fractured rib or something. It really, really hurts." I said softly trying to hold back tears. "You-you can't say anything to anyone, especially Julian....he doesn't want me to go. Okay?"

He went silent on the phone. "I'm on my way."

Hanging up the phone, I laid in bed patiently. Praying that this all goes smoothly. I don't want to feel like this anymore. Day by day I hope that I would feel better, but instead I feel like I'm getting weaker and weaker. Like it's in reverse or something. 

A few minutes passed and Julian comes back into the room. He holds a glass of water and a couple of painkillers for me. I shook my head. "No."

He frowns almost in disbelief. "Brandy you have to."

"I don't-I don't want them." I said groggily. "I don't like how they make me feel." 

He sighs. "Please Brandy. You'll feel better."

I started to cry without any hesitation. "Look at me! How am I supposed to feel better if I can't even move. I'm not getting better, I'm getting worse."

Julian says nothing to me. He places the glass down on the dresser as well as the painkillers. "I'm not taking you to the hospital. They will investigate what happened then look into us."

I shook my head. "I've been there multiple times not once have they looked into anything."

He scoffs. "That's because we always take care of it before things start to be questioned. We just have to wait it out. You'll be fine."

I paused. "Can you leave me alone?" I asked gently.

He whips his head around. "What? No." He says. 

"I want you to leave."

"Brandy-"

"You sound like Denim. Leave me alone." I told him. 

Julian opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. He just nods his head and walks out of the room. Slamming the door behind him. Laying down for a few more minutes, I finally threw myself on to the ground and dragged myself across the floor to grab a sweater. I barely got it on before Christopher comes barging into the room. 

"You're crazy. You know that?" He teases helping me put on the sweater. 

I tried to laugh. Picking me up, I rested my head on his chest. "What are you doing? She's not going anywhere." Julian snaps refusing to let us leave the room. 

"Julian relax. Just look at her. You can't feel her pain right now, so maybe she does need to see a doctor. Whatever happens I'll figure it out." Christopher says trying reassure him. 

Julian and Christopher end up bickering back and forth for a few minutes. I tried to get them to stop, but they only seemed to ignore me. Eventually Denim storms out of his room. Taking me from Christopher he stops the whole argument. "When you are done bitching like a bunch of girls, you can meet us at the hospital." He says. 

"Denim!" Christopher and Julian say together following behind us. 

I would normally put up a fight, but this time I was desperate for a doctor. I didn't care who took me as long as I got there. Denim ends up sitting in back seat with me, he holds me pretty tightly like he didn't want to let me go. 

Julian ends up driving as Christopher just follows along behind us. I barely heard a word either of them were saying to me. My vision started to get blurry. Nothing made sense. The last thing I remember was Denim repeatedly calling my name, but I couldn't respond. 

"Brandy!"

"Brandy!" His voice had started to get distorted. 

"Brandy!" At this point I only saw his lips move.