Chapter Two

Brandy's POV

Declan picked me up from school before the end of the day. He looked furious. I barely got to put on my seatbelt before I felt like I was being tossed around in the front seat.

"What's going on?" I asked him. My heart raced in fear. "Declan! You're scaring me!" I exclaimed.

"I'm taking you back to the house. You are going to everything you want and then I'm going to take you somewhere very far away from this place." He explains glancing over at me. "I promise Brandy that I'm going to keep you safe."

I was almost lost for words. "Declan you told me this before and then you turned around and raped when you knew I was most vulnerable." I said correcting him. He slammed on the brakes causing an awkward tension between us.

"I DIDN'T FUCKING RAPE YOU BRANDY!" Declan screams at me.

Lowering my head, I started to have vivid flashbacks of me hysterically crying, but not remembering why or who caused it. Tears ran down my face as I refused to look at Declan for the remainder of the ride.

He sighs gently touching my arm. "I did not mean to yell at you like that. I'm sorry." He tells me. "Please don't cry." Declan says.

Not saying a word till we got back to house, I looked over at him getting out of the car. "If you didn't do it, then who did?"I asked him. Declan walked over to me trying to take ahold of my hand. "Please don't touch me." I told him. 

"Brandy you have to believe me." He says. "Denim is the only person who would hurt you. He's been hurting you. Why can't see you that?" 

I took a step back keeping the distance between us. "Denim would never purposely try to hurt me. He says that it was because-"

"-you misbehaved?" Declan says rolling his eyes. "Brandy you aren't some kid that needs to be punished."

"You need to stop worrying about me. Denim is perfect and you keep on saying all these horrible things about him." I said turning away. I stormed off inside the house and made my way up to my room. I found myself drawing a hot bath lingering on what Declan said. "Denim is the only person who would hurt you. He's been hurting you." It doesn't even make any sense. Denim told me and promised me that he would never do anything like that. 

After taking off my clothes, I stared at my naked body. The scar by my rib and the one on my leg. I felt myself running my hand over my many healed stitches. "How did I get these?" I whispered to myself. 

Stepping into the bath, I laid back closing my eyes. The hot water seemed to calm me down a bit, like all of my worries just faded away. 

Stood there hand in hand with him. Blank face. My heart raced. His breathing calm. This is some sort of trap. I bit my lip catching a glimpse of Chris in the background. He smiles at me. Then nods his head. I took a deep breath out looking back at Denim.

"I love you, Princess. I wish you could see the way that I look at you. Beautiful and smart." He tells me. A tear trickled down my face. "I can't think of a time where-"

Cutting him off, I plant my lips on his catching him by surprise. Moving his hands to my waist, I wrapped my arms around his neck gently. "Denim, I-"

"Brandy!" A voice shouts. 

Opening my eyes, I'm underneath water with Declan hovering over me. "Brandy What The Hell Are You Doing?" He shouts. It was almost inaudible. Quickly, he pulls me out of the water and carries me out of the tub as I start to cough up water. Wrapping me up in a towel, Declan sits me on the bed. 

"Brandy. What's the matter with you?" He says.

I paused. "I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep."

"Well don't fall asleep in the tub. Just put some clothes and then we have to go."

"I already told you that I'm going anywhere with you." I said getting off the bed. "I'm waiting for Denim to come back."

Declan groans. I could how frustrated he was with me. With my constant belief of Denim coming back for me. But I know that he will. Denim always finds me. "Brandy...Denim isn't going to come back for you."

Turning around, I held my towel up tightly. "Why do you keep saying that? Yes he is." I say correcting him. 

Like it was slow motion, he walked to me placing both of his hands on my face letting stare up at him. "...Brandy...Denim's dead. I haven't told you because I was scared of how you would react."

I instantly fell to knees where I bursted out into tears. "That can't be true." I cried out. "Tell me that this is just some lie?" I begged. "Please!"

He didn't say anything else. Declan sat down beside and pulled me into his arms where I cried my eyes holding onto this shirt. I felt like my whole world just crumbled. How could he just die? Why did this happen? Who let this happen? Who did it? 

I barely remember getting off the ground and Declan helping me put some clothes on. I found myself staring out the window of a moving car before I came back to reality. Looking over at Declan he kept focused on the road. 

"Declan?" I said softly. He glances over at me. He smiles then takes my hand.

"Are you hungry?" He asks. 

I shook my head. "Where are we going?"

"I have this house that I got built a while back. Now I'm taking you there so-"

"-I can be safe?" I questioned. 

"Yeah." 

I frowned. "What are you keeping me safe from? Denim's dead." I told him. 

He remained silent looking away from me. "Why don't you get some more rest? We have a couple more hours to go." Declan assures me. 

I nod my head staring out the window again. Though I couldn't sleep. I was too scared to see what might have happened to Denim. I was mostly too upset too. I didn't want to cry anymore. It feels like I'm crying about something new everyday. Before closing my eyes again, I grabbed onto Declan's hand. I needed a source of comfort and I didn't know how else to get it. 

The one person I truly love is dead.