Chapter 30

Denim's POV
Brandy quietly leaves the room. Kassandra stands next to me clinging herself to my arm. "We should get going." She says. "We have a dinner reservation."

I pulled my arm away sitting back into my chair. "You need to leave Kass. I already gave you money. There is nothing else to talk about." I told her. "You being here is ruining my relationship with Brandy." I say rubbing the sides of my forehead.

"What relationship?" Kassandra laughs briefly. "She hates you."

I stood up walking over to Kassandra. Holding myself back from grabbing her by the throat, I gently guided her towards the door. "I'm marrying her. I love her. I need things to work. So you can leave and never show your face around here again. Okay?"

Kassandra turns around just enough to leave minimal space between us. "But we do need to talk." She says placing her hands on my chest. She moves them up to the back of my neck gently playing with my hair. She smiles. "It's good news."

I slowly moved her hands away placing them at her sides. "Kassandra-"

I looked away from her just to open the door. I don't want to hear whatever excuse she has to say. "Denim please. You have to listen to me. I don't want your money...I-I just want things to be okay between us." Kassandra says lowering her voice softly.

I didn't say anything. Still holding the doorknob, she placed her hand over mine. "You can't get mad."

I raised an eyebrow. "You in trouble with someone?"

She shook her head. "No." She pauses. "The last time I saw you...I lied."

I closed the door. Crossing my arms, I looked at her intensely. "Kass...you didn't-"

Tears filled in her eyes. "Denim it's murder! I can't get rid of our child. Our unborn child." She blurts out. "We can be a family. Doesn't that sound nice?"

Fuck! "I gave you money to get a damn abortion." I groaned. I stopped and turned back to face her. Kassandra leans against the wall barely looking at me.

"It didn't think it would be a problem. I thought-" she starts.

"That's Right! You didn't fucking think. What did you think?" I exclaimed. "That I would magically be okay with you being pregnant? That I'm going to leave Brandy just so you can live out your fantasy of creating a family?" I say raising my voice.

"Well...sorta."

Placing my hands on my desk, lowering my head, all I could see is Brandy's face hysterically crying.

"How far along are you?" I asked simply.

"Um...please don't yell...about 4 months."

So when I saw her last, she was just about three months along. How did I miss it?

I turned around just to see Kassandra to remove her sweater, that was covering her stomach. Definitely pregnant.

"Come here." I say waving her over. She hesistantly walks over to me. Lifting her chin up with my finger, I looked her up and down. "Kassandra. You are walking on thin ice here. You can say anything to anyone. Just go home and I'll figure something out."

"I-I can't go home." She tells me. "I thought that you would be okay with this and that-"

I laughed shortly. "-that you could stay here and we become a family. Right?"

She nods. "Please?"

Brandy's POV
I ended up spending the rest of the evening with Charlotte and Julian. I wasn't sure if Denim was still around nor did I care. Charlotte had insisted that Julian would look better with cheap makeup on and glitter in his hair. After I had put her to bed, I spent at least hour trying to get the glitter out of his hair.

"Have you thought about going bald?" I teased.

He shoots me a quick glare. "Hilarious." He fake smiles.

"Maybe try washing your hair again. It should come out." I say rinsing my hands in the sink.

"I do have to say that you are an amazing mother to Charlotte." Julian tells me. "I mean...I've seen her happy when Madison was around, but not as happy as she is now with you. She really does love you and you are doing an amazing job. She's going to grow up to be like you. I can tell." Julian compliments.

"Oh thank you! That's-that's really nice to hear." I smile.

"Good night Brandy." Julian says gently planting a kiss on my cheek.

Cleaning up a bit before climbing into bed, I heard the front door open and close. Grabbing my robe, I put it on and then made my way downstairs. "Denim?"

"Mhmm." I heard him groan. Walking into the kitchen, he sits at the table calmly. He looked tired as if he hasn't slept in days.

"Hi Baby." He says groggily.

"Hi." I say quietly. Denim gently pulls me down to sit on his lap. I nuzzled my head between his neck and shoulder.

"I'm sorry Denim. I don't know what happened earlier, but I shouldn't have yelled at you or threw that glass at you." I say. "I was being a complete bitch."

Denim kisses the top of my head. "Princess don't apologize. I deserved it. Trust me."

I didn't say anything. "Can you make me a promise?" I asked sitting upright.

He nods. "Whatever you want Princess."

"I don't want to see Kassandra here...like ever. I know I must sound crazy and controlling, but just knowing that she's basically still obsessed with you. I-I just hate it."

"Well I promise you won't have to see her again. I don't want to see her either." Denim says leaving a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Thank you." I giggled lightly.

Denim slightly picks me up placing me on the table. "Is Charlie asleep?"

"Yes. Why?"

He shrugs. "No reason in particular. Just don't be so loud that she does wake up." Denim says sliding off my pajama shorts.

I pulled Denim in closer putting our lips together. "Oh...Denim."