The First Text

They say that when you turn 15, your soulmate's phone number will appear on your arm, but you're the only person who can see it. It is in fact true, I have a phone number on my arm like they say. It's been a full year since it's appeared though, and I haven't gained the confidence to add them to my contacts.

I'm in high school and its been around 4 months since the semester started. I'm on a volleyball team with so many cool players!

At the moment, everyone was talking to each other inside the gym and discussing about their conversations with their soulmates. I was glancing at my pale arm, that held the number I had dreaded to text for a full year. I looked back at my phone screen that showed the option to add a contact. I've been through this moment too many times to keep track.

There were so many issues with texting them that I could come up with. I had once asked myself what if they were younger than 15 and were confused when I texted them. My mom had always said that I was just coming up with excuses to not text them, but I didn't think so...

"Yo Hinata! What about you? Haven't you messaged your soulmate?" Tanaka had wrapped his arm around my shoulder and attracted Noya's attention.

"Yeah! I want to hear a story about it! Is she nice?" Noya always seemed to sparkle whenever we would talk about things like soulmates.

"Uh, I haven't messaged them yet.. I'm too worried." I rubbed the back of my head in embarrassment.

"That's super out of character for you. Normally you would rush in there without thinking!" Noya pointed out. He was right though. I usually wouldn't make such a big deal of things like this.

"I know.. It's just that this is a soulmate! The person you're destined to be with forever! Wouldn't you be nervous too?" I questioned the shorter boy.

"Well my soulmate may possibly be Kiyoko and I already talk to her a lot so not necessarily." Nishinoya strikes a pose filled with confidence.

"You're so cool Nishinoya-senpai! I wish I had the guts like you do!" I glance at Tanaka who was shaking his head in a disappointed way.

"Ok that's it, you're texting them, you need to learn from your senpais." Tanaka grabbed my phone, but stopped doing whatever he was going to do.

"What's wrong?" I stood on the tips of my toes to see what he was staring at.

It was a message. From the same number on my arm.

A/N: I searched up Hinata's age but it gave me both the answers of 15 and 16 so I just went with 16 for plot purposes. This chapter was mainly to get the story started so the next chapter will hopefully be much longer!