Chapter 17

Just so you guys know, I've had this entire chapter finnished for a month. Literally. I'm so sorry for not uploading it sooner but I saw a flaw in it that I just had to fix and it ended up being a big flaw. Took a long time but I finally had to force myself to try and fix it. When I read over it, it seemed fine, so I was like FUCK IT and just threw it in here. Dont get me wrong I totally love this story but be ready for some slaps to the face. Not from this chapter but up and coming ones. Enjoy~

----------------------------------------------------

“…..”

“Aaron?”

“Alex. Please, just leave me alone for a second…” I choked out, shoving all these raving emotions in my chest away, trying hard to think for a simple moment.

Alex looked at me, a war raging on in his head, before deciding that giving me my space for the time being was the smartest thing to do.

“Okay,” He said quietly, his hand resting on mine for a fleeting moment. His fingertips brushed away as he made a distance between us, making his way to the exit. I felt the loss of his warmth the moment the door closed gently behind him, latching with a soft click.

I looked over at the doctor, who was looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I didn’t need that right now, sympathy was a foreign concept to me.

“So how long do you think this will last?” I asked, knowing well he had already told me that multiple times. The doctor sighed, but did not give off the aura that he would rather be somewhere else. Perhaps he was good at hiding it or maybe he actually wanted to be here.

“Could be Permanent. You know Permanent lasts forever, don’t you? I have no way of knowing how long this could continue.”

“Yeah, but you said a couple weeks.”

“At the earliest. There are no signs of this letting up before then, and even then I’m not sure. It could be years, Aaron, before you are able to shift.”

I swallowed the bile in my throat and nodded stiffly, not wanting to look at the man who’d given me this devastating prognosis. I reached deep inside myself, into the blackness that had always been there, searching for that devious carnal beast I knew as my ‘other’ side.

Being a turned wolf, I knew what it was like to be both human and wolf. I had more of a connection with my wolf because I never took him for granted; I’d been aware of him ever since I’d been turned in that lonely lab.

But now I couldn’t reach him. It was as if he wasn’t there anymore, as if he never had been.

“I could never imagine what you must be going through.” The doctor said, and a wry smile was brought to my lips.

“You were born a wolf, weren’t you?”

“Yes,” He said uncertainly, wondering what I was implying.

“I’m turned, so I know what it’s like to be human and then meet your wolf. Unlike you, who has known your wolf for so long it has become a part of you. It happens with all born werewolves. They don’t actually have wolves, they are the wolf. With me, it’s the exact opposite. My wolf sometimes has a mind of its own.”