Chapter 32

Hello my dear.

Read it slowly. The whole thing.

You won’t regret it if you read it till the end.

Baked Love Chapter 32

[Chip]

It was nearing the end of October, and Xander’s exams were due.

I had to admit, it was a perfect day.

The sky was clear—not a single dark cloud, and customers came over to the Honeycutt’s bakery for cakes and pastries.

Gretel and Giselle were out getting the ingredients for tonight’s dinner.

I was in the back kitchen, piping cupcakes, humming a forgotten tune.

There was a silent prayer at the back of my head, hoping that the question Xander was facing this very second was one that he could do—

Hoping that he would breeze through his exam.

With every impending second, Xander clouded my mind.

Did he revise that topic yesterday?

Would he overlook that question I pointed out to him?

How about the formulas that he asked a couple of days ago?

Will he be alright?

Will he be okay?

Is he stuck now?

Is he stressed?

Was there—

Anything I could do?

Any way for me to be by his side now?

“Chip,” Coco called from the doorway, “could you take over the counter for a mo’? I need to help Rose with the cakes.”

I nodded lightly, wondering why her voice seemed so far away.

Entering the Bakery, I took my place behind the cash register, waiting as a customer approached to order a box of cupcakes.

She pointed to her choices through the display case as I picked out the cupcakes and placed them in a pink box.

“Dear, the sign outside the bakery has fallen,” Said the middle-aged woman gently as she passed me a ten-dollar bill.

“Oh!” I glanced outside and confirmed her observation, “Thank you, I’ll fix that.”

“You do that my dear,” She smiled, taking her purchase and lifting it off the counter.

I waited till the queue thinned and disappeared, then rushed outside to straighten the sign.

There was a sharp screeching of hot tires—

And then a scream from a distance.

I frowned in confusion, wondering what the commotion was.

Taking quick steps down the road, I turned the bend and instantly noticed a group of people huddled in the middle of the crossroad.