Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Giselle, Terms&Conditions, and Baths. 

Xander’s POV

“So…what do you say? Do you want to live with us?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was an unnecessary, awkward silence.

Chip was the first to break it.

“U-Um…we’re very sorry for the sudden question…a-ah, it’s okay i-if you feel uncomfortable…or anything, you don’t need to hide it from us—“ He started in a soft and worried tone. His head was hung slightly in disappointment.

Damn it, I really needed to touch him.  

“What? No! Fuck yeah!

The rest of Chip’s family looked shocked.

“U-Uh I meant um…Of course I want to live with you guys!” I corrected myself, flashing a grin.

The tension immediately laxed, and I could even see Rose and Coco’s shoulders ease up. The family smiled. “Great! That’s wonderful, that way, we can take care of Giselle too.”

“Oh—hold on, we need to do something about those curse words my dear.” Rose said sternly.

I held my hands up in defeat, “Yes Ma’am I’m all yours.” Woops. Natural flirter.

Chip’s eldest sister smiled in a lady-like manner. “We’ll see.”

My eyes wandered to my angel (involuntarily). Somehow—I realized—that no matter where I was, both my gaze and mind would end up in the same place. You probably already know where that is. 

Chip’s head was lowered, but I could see the hint of a smile on his face, and the tips of his ears coloring an adorable pink.

I hope he’s happy. ‘Cuz I definitely am. Happy.

This is so weird. I’ve never felt this way before.

“Wo-ah! What’s a bike doing outside the bakery??” I heard Gretel call from the next room.

Shit! I forgot about the police bike!

“Fuck!” I downed the remains of my orange juice and darted out of the kitchen, only to see a rather irritated Gretel glaring at me.

“I understand that you were in a tight situation last night, but at least put the bike in a proper place my dear! And please would you stop cursing already—“

I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. “Okay, I got it, my bad…”

Barefooted, I scrambled out of the bakery and pulled the bike into an upright position, leaning it against the wall of the alleyway.

Just then, a car pulled up in front of the bakery and a man in a white coat stepped out of it. He looked pretty professional.

When the man saw me staring, he smiled, and asked kindly. “Good morning, do you live here? I received a call for a house visit.”

“Uh—yeah I do. Are you the doctor?”

His expression brightened slightly. “Yes—I’m Doctor Joe Ashworth, but you can just call me Joe. Pleased to meet you Mr…?” The doctor held out his hand for a shake.

I returned the handshake with a firm grip. “I’m Xander Jaxon, Giselle’s brother—she’s running a fever but she seems really weak. Come inside,” Ushering the doctor in, I quickly called for Rose, who greeted him kindly.